• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass Photos

bassNspear

I'm curious, is it that green all the way to the bottom or mostly just near the surface. I don't have a camera to check that out.

Another benefit, since I don't have a GPS map, this made it easy to tell where I was, just follow my trail back to where I had bites!

16 hours ago, RuddyDuck said:

I'm curious, is it that green all the way to the bottom or mostly just near the surface. I don't have a camera to check that out.

Another benefit, since I don't have a GPS map, this made it easy to tell where I was, just follow my trail back to where I had bites!

Normally it only get's like that when there is no wind to mix it through the water column. Under the surface slime the water is of normal clarity.

15 hours ago, smalliehunter said:

I got a tip on a lake a few weeks ago.  Since it's almost 2 hours away, today was first chance to hit it.  Glad we did.  Buddy and I both got new pb.  Mine was 6.74 his 7.76.  I also caught another at 6.17.  picture with both of us are pbs'.  I've never seen a bass that big.

11182~2.jpeg

IMG_20161006_091603880_HDR.jpg

Wow!!! and this was a Minnesota lake? If so that is insane! 

Yes, from Minnesota, kandiyohi county.  I got off work at 5am, we both brought our boats.  I text my buddy said I just got my pb.  He text back saying he also caught a giant.  He didn't have a scale so I went over there and weighed it. Kind of a bummer when a 6 pound 12oz bass is small...  big 5 was almost 29lbs

38 minutes ago, smalliehunter said:

Yes, from Minnesota, kandiyohi county.  I got off work at 5am, we both brought our boats.  I text my buddy said I just got my pb.  He text back saying he also caught a giant.  He didn't have a scale so I went over there and weighed it. Kind of a bummer when a 6 pound 12oz bass is small...  big 5 was almost 29lbs

Good lord! I know of a little lake that puts out 27-30lbs bags and is about 2.5 hours away from the cities. But its not in Kandiyhoi county. I haven't been there yet but really need to make that trip.

11 hours ago, smalliehunter said:

I also got my pb on mille lacs, Friday.

21½ 6.32

IMG_20161104_152336339_HDR~2.jpg

23 hours ago, bonebaby0 said:

Got my PB Bass today on Mille Lacs .... 6.56 Ibs on the Rapala Scale, 22 1/4" long.  Just capped off one of the most gorgeous November days I will probably see in my lifetime.   No better way to spend a day like this then chasing smallmouth on Mille Lacs!

20161105_101512.jpg

20161105_101449.jpg

Well Done!!!     Care to share depth, baits, water temp, stories?   Might be able to get to ML this week.

18 minutes ago, rascal23 said:

Well Done!!!     Care to share depth, baits, water temp, stories?   Might be able to get to ML this week.

I caught mine in 22-24 ft off of structure (point) with random boulders.  Morning bite they were off the structure out further into the main lake .... that's where she bit.  We tried fishing right next to big boulders and caught a few small ones.  Water Temp was 49-51 degrees, caught her on Football Jig with one other 5 Iber mixed into the school.  We caught 5 fish out off the school with the other 3 only coming in around 3 Ibs.  So - different size fish mixed together in this school.  Drop Shot caught some fish but Football Jig ruled the day for the bigger bites.  Good Luck if you get up to the pond - Bonebaby0