• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing TV Shows

Slade247

Hey does anybody know of any websites or anything online where you can watch ice fishing shows. Usually there are a couple on tv Saturdays and Sundays but I always seem to miss them. I have checked a couple show websites and can't find any section to watch the shows. Let me know if you have anything. Thanks

I get the Sportsmen's Channel down here (Irving, TX) and I watch Ice Fishing Critical Concepts by the In-Fisherman staff. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!! Given the fact I live where I do...I only get back north to ice fish once maybe twice...it keeps me in the loop. Actually it makes me want to move back north! lol

The HSO podcasts are good - definitely check them out. I'd agree that Ice Fishing Today is hilariously BAD. The host of the show is terrible, I've tried to watch it and I just can't... And, it is basically a Vexilar infomercial.

Set the DVR to record the In-Fish series - it's pretty good. Also, Jason Mitchell has a series on, forget the name. It's decent as well.

John Gillespi's show is pretty good and he ice fishes pretty much all winter and every show is a new one, no re-runs.

There's usually a good deal of shows having to do with ice fishing on Midwest Outdoors also. I think they are both on FSN on Sat. mornings.

I'm not too much on the Vexilar infomercial either but it is better than nothing.

I can't understand why they have all the hunting and fishing shows on saturday mornings when if you are into hunting and fishing thats the time you are most likely to be outside enjoying it instead of inside watching TV. I wish they would run those shows in the evenings.

Quote:
John Gillespi's show is pretty good and he ice fishes pretty much all winter and every show is a new one, no re-runs.

Gillespi cracks me up grin

Yesterday, he was ice fishing for crappies and either him or someone he was assisting caught just a dink of a crappie, but Old Gillespi grin treated that thing like it was 17" plus! grin

I get his theme song stuck in my head all the time. The fan cheer part at the beginning, when the guy in the fro-wig is dancing on the pontoon grin

I figure it is worth the wait. I am sure it is not cheap to run a site like that and that is how they stay up and running.

Plus, I find the commercials cool grin It is better than watching antacid or loose 30lbs in 6 days commercials grin, like get on TV.

Add up the commercial time on a 1/2 hour Saturday fishing show and it really is not that bad, for what you get at HuntFishTV .

Tony Dean's show has been turned into Jason Mitchell Outdoors. I'm not sure on the TV schedule but the episodes are on the HSOforum. The second one is an ice fishing episode with Dave Genz.