• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikings: What to expect.

united jigsticker

The LIONS have been blown out in every game, rank LAST in DEFENSE, and 28th in OFFENSE.

If the Vikings struggle on Sunday at home, especially on offense, what does this say about them? Does Childress realize what he needs to do this week in order to make an impression?

I fully expect it to be 10-3 at halftime. And to be as frusterated as ever.

The gameplan this week needs to be to put points on the board and WIN in convincing fashion. If we can't do that against the LIONS at HOME, Childress should expect some good butt chewing, regardless of if we win.

The final score should be 38-10.

I think it will be 17-13 though, with the Vikings being on either side of that score. And then, the excuse wil be "It's a division game...Those are ALWAYS tough and close."

[PoorWordUsage]. I know you're gonna run on 2nd and 10, they know you're gonna run on 2nd and 10....I know when Chester comes in its a passing down if it isn't 1st and 10...I mean COME ON!!!!

The ONLY time we go deep is on 3rd and 10.

Am I the ONLY frusterated fan out here?

Give me back the vertical passing game. "F" the Kick A$$ offense...It sucks Childress!!! Admit it!

You get mad at Kluwe for not kicking out of bounds...

I think Wilf should say the same thing: If my head coach can't put points on the board with this offense, then I will find a coach that can!!! Not next year..Not when the season is toast...RIGHT "F'n" NOW!

We won. WE shouldn't have. Winfield scored 10 points on his own. We run the ball just for the sake of running the ball. No matter what.

Today in the paper Childress said that MAYBE Frerotte can call a couple audibles when there are 9 in the box, starting next week.

EXCUSE ME???

The play calling is [PoorWordUsage].

If I was Kluwe, I'd go out, get the snap on the 1st punt, turn 90 degrees to either side and boot the ball into the stands.

There ya go, a$$hole, I kicked it out of bounds.

Vikes 13

lions 17

Vikes always do bad against lower ranked teams.

Wish them the best wont watch another game until Childress is gone. Send a message to Ziggy and do the same.

Go fishing or hunting you wont get that sinking feeling in your gut if you do

I don't care who the Vikings are playing, anything is possible against this team. However I do like our chances, but Childress better have our players ready to play. Detroit has got nothing to lose, with that said, Vikings win 21-10

Here is what you can do no matter what recievers and QB's you have. You can run the ball with 3 or 4 recievers in the game. At this point if there are 3 recievers in the game its a pass, plain and simple. Now sometimes they will split a TE into the slot and run, but if 3 WR's are in the game its a pass. So when its 1st down and 3 WR's are in the game and Frerotte drops back to pass, what looks on the surface to be something to surprise the defense to be passing on 1st down isnt fooling anyone, because i don't know if Childress doesnt know this, but defensive coordinators watch film. If i can pick this out so are coordinators.

So now we know that the vikings are going to run the ball out of nothing but tight sets which plays right into a defenses hands when they already want to cram 8-9 guys in the box. Nevermind that we have the best open field runner in the game and spreading the field might open up natural creases for him to run. So now we are in these tight sets and the defense crams the box. They simply can go ahead and play run 100% of the time and the reason is because even if the vikings run a playfake or dropback to pass the defense is still in fine position to defend the 5-7 yard routes that will be called. That is the reason Peterson cant find room, the 49ers layed out this blueprint about 8 games ago and Childress can't figure out how to break the cycle. Are there plays drawn into this offense that attacks a defense 18-20 yards downfield? I know 31 other teams that have those plays and would die to see defenses cram the box like this. With defenses selling out so hard on AP you don't need pro bowl QB's and WR's. We finally saw a few plays in the 4th quarter the other night that went downfield but until its consistently done teams will be allowed to sell out on AP and know the vikings will not even try to make them pay downfield. I'm not sure if Childress can't figure this out, the supposed offensive guru he is? I mean everyone can see it, fans in the seats, fans at home, every single broadcasting crew brings it up. Have you ever seen broadcasting crews question so many things a team is doing during a game? And this thing with Kluwe? If this isnt rediculous i don't know what is. The simple fact that he is contemplating dropping Kluwe, who arguably could have been in the pro bowl last year, proves Childress does not have a clue about anything. I mean this guy needs to go, every second this guy is the HC of the vikings is an absolute waste of everyones time. There is no way at all this guy is leading this team to the promise land. He gets outcoached so miserably bad its impossible. He shows no ability whatsoever to be able to put players in positions to make plays. He shows no ability whatsoever to create favorable matchups on the field. If you want to argue the team has no QB well that falls on Childress as well, he is the one who had everyone believing Jackson was coming along enough to be able to lead this team and no backup plan in place. I mean where does this team go now at QB? He has left the vikings in a miserable situation. Frerotte is a stopgap for a season. Jackson can't be counted on. Where is Childress leading this team?? I feel sorry for people around the country when this viking team is put on national TV, it is a horrible offensive product to watch.

He might let Frerotte audibel?? My god, Matt Ryan in Atlanta is allowed to change the run to a pass if the box gets stacked up enough. Any defensive coordinator watching film, which would be all of them, licks their chops at how easy it is to gameplan this viking offense. Simply put, Childress makes it easy on them. Take a look at the last 8 games the vikings have played, look at the blueprint the 49ers layed out last year, and follow it. Childress shows no ability to be able to switch anything up and adapt.

You beat me to the Post, otherwise my post would be almost the same as yours.

I bleed Purple with the best of them. Go to all the draft parties (last 8 years). Chili needs to go.

we can only hope they only win 6-8 games and miss the playoffs.

Can't have a kick butt offense with a below average QB and receivers....

I'm sure you realize you're in the minority here, but do you realize how small that minority is? You're the only one.

I admire your persistence though. Heck, you might even be right, but I doubt we'll ever know since Chilli will be gone before we get a decent set of WRs or a QB.

Your message was so grouped up, I couldn't even read it all.

Maybe you should apply for the job.

Might as well apply for the job it couldn't be any worse.! Lets see all you really have to do is put AP in best position to succeed and get him the ball in the open. Chilly likes to hand the ball off to A.P right up the gut 80% of the time. Try something new, get him in the open, spread the field out for him, anything!

Are you sure Hammer Handle that your not related to chilly or does he owe you money?? You seem to be pretty tight to chilly

No, I just feel that whining about Chilly won't help the team at all this year.

Maybe in the off-season will will find a new coach. If that coach has the same record, people may be saying...hmmm, maybe it wasn't the coach. But, most likely, people will scream that that coach is bad too.

A coach is only called a great coach if their team wins. It is all about winning. Sometimes, a good coach on a bad team just can't win. Not saying the Vikings are bad, but they are overrated, especially by a lot of MN fans.

I only take sides with Chilly for I coach...and the fans and the parents are so hard to deal with nowadays and everyone thinks they can do better. Then, we you leave to join another team...they all cry for you to come back.

Heck, people are saying they want Denny and/or Tice back. Ouch!!

Sitting in the stands with banners saying "Fire the Coach" hurts this team. It doesn't help it.

Chilly was 8-8 last year with a terrible passing game. I think that is pretty good.

A coach is only called a great coach if their team wins. It is all about winning. Sometimes, a good coach on a bad team just can't win. Not saying the Vikings are bad, but they are overrated, especially by a lot of MN fans.

You hit that on the head! A great coach puts their team in position to win every week. A great coach is a great leader that the players respect and play hard for every play. A great coach can make adjustments to their offense and defense half way through a game. The bottom line is a great coach, wins games!

I've seen this coach put the team in a position to lose every game. One thing that really sticks out is only going after a field goal before half time in the saints game instead trying to stick the nail in the coffin.

You can put the best coach of all time on a team like Detroit...and they won't win games.

The Vikings have a lot of talent, but they have a lot of holes on the team too.

Name more than 3 teams that would have our QB and our #1 receiver as their best starter....

I see Chilly make adjustments in a game. I don't think the players disrespect him. Is he a great coach? No. But he isn't terrible either. He is just o.k. Crying all year about the coach will hurt this team, not help it.

Chilly has been in a position to win every game this year but one. He was the best candidate for the job when he was hired. Hitting the "reset" button during the season would kill this team. Don't kill it until they are truly dead.

MN fans are just as bad as NY fans now. Look at all the Giant players wanting to fire their coach last year. Now they all "love him". Give me a break.....

You can put the best coach of all time on a team like Detroit...and they won't win games.

The Vikings have a lot of talent, but they have a lot of holes on the team too.

Name more than 3 teams that would have our QB and our #1 receiver as their best starter....

I see Chilly make adjustments in a game. I don't think the players disrespect him. Is he a great coach? No. But he isn't terrible either. He is just o.k. Crying all year about the coach will hurt this team, not help it.

Chilly has been in a position to win every game this year but one. He was the best candidate for the job when he was hired. Hitting the "reset" button during the season would kill this team. Don't kill it until they are truly dead.

MN fans are just as bad as NY fans now. Look at all the Giant players wanting to fire their coach last year. Now they all "love him". Give me a break.....

Now I can see why they call you HammerHandle...

Chilly Plays NOT TO LOSE....!

A Good Coach plays TO WIN !

Thats what you don't get, Chilly went out and traded to get T-Jack, Chilly picked our wide recievers! Chilly picked his cards and now its sink or swim time!

Not every draft prospect turns out. I, along with many others, thought the draft of T-Jack was a fabulous ideal.

At least he picked AP.

I don't think Chilly is right for this team. But, who is? I think he is doing o.k. with what he has. Not great. Not good. Just o.k. I am hoping he can do better when his team gains a little more confidence.

I will admit not "going for it" and taking the field goal at the end of the first half last game was stupid (IMO). Also, this whole deal about having more punters come to practice this last week (to try out?) was also very stupid. I think these decisions are being made for Chilly is feeling the pressure. With more pressure, he will either make more stupid decisions...or wise up on a few things. I don't know. I am glad I don't have his job.

Wins bring confidence. Predictable play calling doesn't, heck even a couch potato like me knows if it's run or pass. Spread the darn field out or let someone else call the plays, bottom line is that pigheaded one-who-thinks-I-am-silly needs to give up the play calling.