• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Beers

caseymcq

I gave New Belgium's 2 Below a shot, and man it is good. Surly fest is wonderful, and of course Furious is at the top of the list. I have a Winter Ale that is just about finished conditioning. Alcohol about 9%, soft smooth flavor, it is just magical. It will be broken out around christmas time.

I am still waiting on brewing my first all grain, just need a nice Saturday to get it done.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas Ale from Great Lakes Brewing Company in Cleveland OH.

Its only available for a couple weeks a year, has a great festive flavor, and quite a kick.

ChristmasAle_BottleGlass.jpg

A fan song, that I got a kick outta.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Yesterday I recieved an 18 pack called Beers of Belgium for christmas. It contained a 6 pack each of Leffe Blonde, Stella Artois, and Hoegaarden wheat...

The Leffe is probably my favorite, its a abby ale that is very smooth with nice layers of flavor. The Hoegaarden is a very close second and quite similar to the Leffe. The Stella is tasty also, it's a lager that reminds me of Heineken. Our locl big grocery store just added a huge "beers of the world" section. Looks like i'll be doing some traveling... cool

I agree, the Snow Storm was good, but I should have drank it first.

Because the Summit Great Northern Porter was better.

Dont get me wrong, I liked them both, but the summit was smoother, darker, not as bitter, and left a great taste on the pallet.

I tried a Sam Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner, and wow! If you like hops, this one takes the cake. To much hops in my opionion, you can't taste anything else. Combine this with a high alcohol content makes it a one or two bottles and done.

if you can find james page burly brown or iron range red they are both very high quality and well brewed beer. i miss when the brewery was in northeast minneapolis they used to let us come hang out at the brewery and get us "socially lubricated" and send us on our way with tons of free beer and other free stuff

All this nice weather's got me in the mood for 1 or 2 or 10 Summer Shandys with a slice of lemon in the bottle smile I believe it will start hitting shelves for the summer in April. Nothing like it on a hot summer day at the lake.!