Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zamboni

Rumor I Have Heard......

30 posts in this topic

Frerotte to start against Carolina, and Jeff Garcia on his way here. Anyone else heard this?

According to thevikingage.com Garcia has been offered to a few teams OTHER than the Vikes, we'll wait and see I guess

Haven't heard anything or seen anything yet. Nothing on espn yet.

As much as I'm down on TJ, any available QB's out there, including JG is going to be nothing but a band-aid.

I dont think they make gauze(sp) that big becuase were hurting and the blood is still drippin

In the trib yesterday, Chilly said QB is open. ESPN said Jackson is weakest link and if Chilly puts him on the bench, his career in MN is over. PA and Dubay say Jackson starts but if boo'd and inefficient on 3rd down Ferotte will start second half.

Won't help

Still have the same play caller. The system is at fault. Predictable play calling is the problem. But we'll see, it can't hurt!

So do you think this decision came from the Top (Ziggy) ?

ESPN reports he will be the starter the rest of the season.

Gus Frerotte 6-3 233lbs age 37

Career Stats:

Att 2,805 Comp 1,521 102Td's 91Int's Rtg 74.3

Maybe he'll give the Vikes a spark smile

Like i said it will be interesting to see if the playcalling changes now with Gus. If the playcalling doesnt start to change i dont think it will matter. Obviously AP is the bread and butter but you have got to get some 3 reciever sets in there on 1st and 2nd down and you have to go sprinkle in some passes on 1st down to get the defense guessing a little. The playcalling the other day enabled the colts to just dial in on AP on 1st and 2nd down. You have to make the defense at least think. Berrian was brought in for a reason, now lets see it. Make teams pay on 1st and 2nd down for loading the box.

Agreed JW. I just mentioned basically the same thing in another post. Right now the opposing D has their ears pinned back ready to attack the line and AP. We need to get the opposing D back on their heals a bit and keep them honest.

Time should quickly tell if the play calling will change at all.

Sure you don't want to re-phrase that to saying "Can I pay anyone to take my Tjack jersey?"

grin

Maybe the play calling will improve if the QB can have SOME chance of throwing an accurate pass downfield? Let's hope. Its a bit of a catch-22, the plays hurt the QB but the QB can't handle the other plays...chicken and an egg? I don't know but SOMETHING had to change and this is a start to at least see better where we are at if nothing else.

Can't see Ferotte being much of a long term answer though either. The guy has a losing career record and only a 74 career QB rating. Not exactly hall of fame caliber credentials.

Should be interesting if nothing else.

Anyone wanna buy my T-jack jersey??? laugh

They actually made those??? I bet a punter (Kluwe) jersey would sell better