Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KG243

Bow hunters are you having any luck?

47 posts in this topic

Just curious if any bow hunters are having any luck on opening weekend! Wish I could be out there with ya! Stick'em big!

Yup wet all day saw two bucks and three does and a handful of turkeys but what a wet mess!!

Very wet and windy. No luck yet for our party of three but we have been seeing a good number of deer. Just no shooters yet.

Saw 4 different bucks first evening out. Had an easy opportunity at a 10 ptr but let him walk. They were really moving Saturday evening.

I scored a doe opening morning befor the rain and passed on two little bucks. I'm seeing lots of activity around 9am and from 6 to dark.

Tippman did you go and take care of those geese on Friday? That ten ointer must have been a week one!

I saw 7 does and fawns saturday evening, the does were too far out. I have not seen any bucks like I was hoping to.

I saw several deer moving in the morning and passed on the same 7-pointer on sat. and today.

Tippman did you go and take care of those geese on Friday? That ten ointer must have been a week one!

Well at this point I'm hoping for pope and young or darn close, and I'm nearly certain he wouldn't have made it. Probably had about a 16" spread and nice tines, not much mass though.

Had to get to work Friday before the geese began flying.

That dang work! That is why I am not bow hunting or waterfowl this year because I am doing school and work full time. I am just going to stick to rifle hunting for deer.

saw a lot of does and a few bucks. Saw a nice scrape from what I believe to be a decent 10 I saw on my camera. It was fun seeing the woods come alive once the sun came out saturday evening!

got myself the biggun. 23" inside spread 16 pointer. 8 inch bases. beauty of a buck, pics to follow soon

Congrats vister! Sounds like a giant. Get those pics up here soon!!!

Rum river state forest -saturday-not a single sighting got soaked and did enjoy being out there once more

Carlos avery wma- sunday- east bethel area - not a deer in sight will have to keep trying.

Attaboy Vister!! Was he typical? Should score big. Got out Sat afternoon in the Frazee area. Had to guide the father-in-law on some walleyes on Big Pine in the morning before the rain. No does, just two 1.5 yr old bucks(fork and a 6). Dang things wouldn't let me get off my stand til 8:45. Rain and strong wind this morning so I hit the snooze. Went out this afternoon and had the twins walk by again around 6:30, hour earlier than Sat eve. Wind died to nothing about 7:45. Right at last light(more like first dark) I just got my arrow in the quiver and heard a deer coming in. He got about 15 yds and I reknocked. Click...Busted! looked up at me and I could just make out his rack...tall and to the ears(16" I guess)most likely a decent 8, but not the guy I'm looking for. Just then another deer is making alot of racket off to the other side of me. Got just a glimpse of his sillouette and his rack...was the big boy at 25 yards.Too dark to even think about a shot. There were also 2 more walking just past him but hard to see. Then the 8 started walking by me and he had one with him, too. My experience hunting this time of year shows the bucks usually stick together, and most likely all 5 were bucks. If so that would have made 7 for the night. No does again. The neighbor 1/2 mile away has trail cams out and says he's seen many good bucks. Looks like it's going to be a great season again. Sorry for the rambling but I just had 150 miles of thinking about the upcoming fall hunt prospects and need to decompress before hittin the sack. Great weekend!

great stories! i'm so jealous! waiting for our season to start in a couple of weeks! del

long story short, 7:45 saturday night the biggun followed 4 bucks out single file. the lead buck, the one i wanted to shoot was close to getting downwind of me as he headed behind me in the neighbors field. all four bucks looked really nervous, then HE stepped out without a care in the world. i drew back immediately, as i new it was the buck i wanted and had trail cam pics of. he came to an opening 32 yards out walking right to me. i was worried the other bucks were going to bust me, so i made a shot many will probably complain about. i grunted, he stopped and stared right at me, so i let er fly. smack, 2 blade rage in the neck, through the vitals to the guts. i know, not a good choice of shot, but i was confident in it. 80 yards of blood paved tracking and their he was piled up dead. waaahoooo!! mainframe 12 with small drop and kickers totaling 16. unsure of a score, but maybe 160's, 170's at best?? when i post pics, u guys decide. oh yeah, only 3 and a half year old deer, weighing in at 180.

Way to go Vister. You're right, you'll hear some gruff about the shot, but you can't complain about the results. Pics please!