• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Griffey Jr to Chisox

CodyDawg

ya know, I love the Twins. I really do. I listen to almost every game on radio. But their resistance to do anything to really help the club is really frustrating and tries my patience. I was thinking about attending a game here shortly, but if they fail to make any moves, I may just stay home.

you might as well save your money and stay home.

Just like all the other years the Twins will sit on their hands and do nothing and yes it does get frustrating that they do that every year.

I agree, You can't just make a trade to make a trade. You don't always hear what the other team was asking for. The Twins usually make the moves that help not hurt a team. Granted they can botch it up also, but sometimes losing good prospects to "Rent" a player can backfire in a heartbeat.

Getting a big time player can backfire. Remember the Hersel Walker trade? Everyone says the Vikes have never won a SuperBowl, but actually, they have won 2. Problem is, they won them for Dallas !

sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make

I agree for the most part and hardly ever 2nd guess our overall method which IMO is the best in baseball period but I do understand the frustration from some of our fans.

I shall will remain neutral on this on!. grin

Go Twins!

You know they have been shopping around, it is such that the asking price in return for a good player is one of the guys that is currently producing for us. I believe they would have made a move already if there was a worthy deal to be done. I also believe it is time to get Liriano up here to test him again in the big leagues. I just do not trust Livan out there, every pitch he throws I cringe. Just because they haven't made a move will not keep me from going to the dome to watch them, which is where I will be tonight. I think I will make a generic homer hanky, since I don't have any of the real ones from years past. I almost forgot, how could you stay away from the dome with all those babes at the game? And being married is not an excuse because looking isn't against the rules! smile GO TWINS!

I have a really bad memory, but the only 2 moves I can remember that helped at this time of the year were obtaining Shannon Stewart and in '87 getting Don Baylor.

There have been many ones that did not work, ie Rick Reed. Bret Boone...and others.

Go Twins. Yes it is frustrating, but look at Seattle. Their season is over.

The lack of activity on the Twins part can be frustrating, but they are not the quick change kind of team. Solid basics and building from within are why they are the model organization that the middle and low budget teams try to emulate. They look hard at the intangibles like how a player will affect team chemistry. How many deadline trades really push a team over the edge? Far fewer than the trades that actually happen and they tend to be temprary solutions. This is a team of our future. The fact that they are conending this year is gravy. Why screw up the next three or four years to take a chance on this year? Even if they pull off atrade that gets them the division, there are too many steps to get the big trophy. And if you go to the games just to look at the babes,...sit next to me so you can point them out in case I miss one.

look for the generic hanky tonight and i will point them out, but i didnt say i go JUST to look at them. it is an added bonus. i suppose you wont be there though, since you are up in DL.

Well, he agreed to the trade and will joint the team on friday. If he would have showed up today, I may have had to drive down and buy a walk up ticket.

Is he a "rental player", or does he have some time left on his contract? It would be nice to say I saw him play before he retires. Looks like he is going to play right for the pale hose, should be fun to watch.

Look at the White Sox's bullpen tonight,, they could have used some more pitching rather than a KG that's likely to only last one or maybe two more years, and doesn't play CF like Anderson does. KG does bring some more pop at the plate,, but the TWins only face the Sox 3 more times,,, at the dome.

If the Twins bring an effective Liriano up and do something with Livian,, I think the Twins hold a slight advantage over the White Sox.

mud

I don't think this move is going to help them at all. Griffey was a great centerfielder, but he's 38. I think he'd be a great dh, but they have a great one already with Thome. If you add him to the line-up, then Konnerko, Thome, or Swisher will have to sit.

I think they have a lot of other weaknesses that could have been addressed.

Cicada, that might actually work, except i dont get hitched until late september. I could use a variation of your suggestion at the next game laugh Anyone that wasn't at the game last night missed a great one. Of course we couldn't score until the 5th (just like I told my buddies before the game). Still, that game was one of the best I have ever been to. Got to heckle some Chicago fans too. Gardy turned that game around, he got everyone on their feet and myself and many others have a sore throat today grin Hopefully his wife wasnt to angry.