• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning!

I took a half-day from work yesterday to help my dad with cabin chores - Got up to Fish Trap Lake around 2:30, got our smaller dock and lift in and got the fishing boat up on the lift for the year, got the water on and chainsawed-up some limbs that had fallen over the winter and stacked the wood by the fire pit.  It's was beautiful, the eagles were soaring, the loons were calling - and I bet the crappies were biting, but I wouldn't know.  Unfortunately I had to turn right around and come home after only a few short hours.  Parenthood beckons; My 8-year-old has his first baseball practice of the year this morning and first communion this afternoon.  I'll be heading back up thursday night before fishing opener to see if those crappies are still biting on Friday and hunting the mighty walleye on Saturday/Sunday.  but for now, I need to put the coffee on and figure out how to coach an 8-year-old baseball team.

oh sure, cchange the subject why dont ya.  a guy ccant have a perffectly good conversation offf periods with it be hijacct by semi ccolons. speaking off colons.....whers ___________?

SMurf?     :P well ive the day of, work so hard they gave me one, gona help Soar get that summer sausage done, till the garden, wash some windows, day off my a$$ have a good one guys!

Painted window trim at my dads house  yesterday and nephews put in some nice flooring in mudroom.   General task weekend and can't find the crappies yet. Great time and woke up with two hounds laying on top of me looking for attention. 

It's already become that, in case you haven't noticed (which you obviously haven't).  Others have noticed and that's why they don't visit anymore.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Funny, the guy that been saying the cooking forum has been ruined by people and off-topic posts and is now worthless (so he's been stating, now I'm putting it out in the open) has to keep poking his nose in.   He should be on his own threads with that attitude. I just consider the source. Let's just move on, please. 

1 hour ago, LMITOUT said:

It's already become that, in case you haven't noticed (which you obviously haven't).  Others have noticed and that's why they don't visit anymore.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you scroll down through all the forums there are only 10 others that have had people post threads or comments in the last 24 hours, the rest have been days, weeks, months and years. If no one is visiting here anymore they sure as he!! aren't visiting other forums either. What's wrong with a bunch of guys enjoying having fun along with "what's" supposed to be "discussed" on this forum. Life is too short to worry about petty stuff like this. Those complaining should lighten up and take the stick out of their a$$ and enjoy life. 

17 minutes ago, Coffee118 said:

If you scroll down through all the forums there are only 10 others that have had people post threads or comments in the last 24 hours, the rest have been days, weeks, months and years. If no one is visiting here anymore they sure as he!! aren't visiting other forums either. What's wrong with a bunch of guys enjoying having fun along with "what's" supposed to be "discussed" on this forum. Life is too short to worry about petty stuff like this. Those complaining should lighten up and take the stick out of their a$$ and enjoy life. 

Well, that sure summed it up, Coffee.  thumbs-up-smiley.gif  One group of folks is enjoying it; another isn't. Why is the one that's unhappy automatically right? Beyond me. If yer not happy with it, talk to folks and see if we can all work on it, or come to a compromise, to make it "better" rather than raise all sorts of he** and make it "worse" than what you perceive it to be. I offered last week. No takers. Reminds me of the ones I put in jail. They'd spew psychobabble all day about how right they were, but when I walked away, I always asked them "Then how come you're on the wrong side of the bars?" ;)