• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Check Out This Lunker In The Star Tribune

Musky_Madness

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the fish! That had to be a good fight.

I kept the fight short for two reasons.

1) She hit close to the boat, we were fishing weeds beds and I didn't want to lose her had she taken me down too far.

2) She was so fat, she actually pulled my reel right off the rod's seat! I had to hold the reel onto the rod while cranking, it was a relief to land her.

Great fish and thanks for releasing it. A fish that big and fat thats only 21.5" I would think has a real chance of becoming a state record. Nice job!

I know, give her a couple years and she'll put on a couple more pounds.

Originally Posted By: Griggs
Great fish and thanks for releasing it. A fish that big and fat thats only 21.5" I would think has a real chance of becoming a state record. Nice job!

I know, give her a couple years and she'll put on a couple more pounds.

Not necesarily... Once a fish is past its prime they actually lose some weight the following years, followed by belly up! Best bet would be to get lucky enough to find her on a bed next spring!! OINK!!

That is freakin' awsome! I'm good man, long time no talk! Hit me up sometime, jrazskazoff at g mail.com, I'll give you my cell then. We gotta do some fishin'!

Absolutely, I just sent you an email.

saw a pic of this today with a buddy and we both guessed way heavier. it just looks so much bigger than the one i got this year with the exact same measurments. nice job. gotta love fish with dimensions like that.

She was thick!

Looks like one of them southern girls. I would take lots of pix and several measurements and get a replica made. That could be a once in a lifetime fish...especially around these parts. I can't imagine what size fish is inside that belly.

I have all the measurements. Just have to convince the wife that a fish will look cool up on our wall!

I have all the measurements. Just have to convince the wife that a fish will look cool up on our wall!

Just do it, they're not returnable LOL!!!!

By the way, that's a true once in a lifetime pig, congrats!