• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strange foods (or combinations of foods) that you secretly love!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weld1 I agree with the eggs and miracle whip but I beat the miracle whip in with the eggs b-4 cooking.(makes them creamy with a little tang)

peanut butter,potato chip and ketchup sandwich.

mustard on any pizza.

breakfast BLT.BLT sandwich and add a fried egg,yum yum

hey sandman my neighbor has brought tiger meat back from the Dakotas for me after I told him about eating it from a meat market in Mn. the meat shop I have purchased it from call it Cannibal Beef , the first time i seen it there my eyes lit uplike a kid in a candy store. I told the lady behind the counter I had not seen it in years and that we use to eat it raw, she laughed and said they still do! she then asked if I wanted to try it and each time I go there now I get at least a .5lb

Yea!! it was Schmidts that I was talking- typing about. It is a fun ride on the mc. down there from the citys. Pick up some Cannibal Beef and some GREAT summer sausage and sit in the park down the block and have a snack.

This is a little off subject but the mixing of foods made me think of it. When my brother and I were young and my Mom had to work (dad was laid up for about 5 years) my grandfather would baby sit us once and awhile and Mom left some canned spagetti out for him to make. Now remember this was 40 some years ago and the only thing my Grandfather new than came in a can was Champlells soup. So what does he do? he mixes in a can of water with the spagetti. The worst part is he made us eat it. God was it bad.

I remember a while back eating something I had no idea what it was. Was told to "Just eat it", so I did. Turned out it was sliced pork in blood. It was all cooked, but man it was tasty. Kinda spicy too. I know it was a "eastern" meal but can not think of the country. Another one to try(although it isn't very "exotic") is to boil one egg with your Ramen noodles. Makes a great filler. My favorite has to be dipping Nacho Cheese Doritos into chocolate(pudding, melted choco. chips, or shakes). Or a hot Spam and pickled northern sandwich.

Hamburger/Spaghetti sauce on top of Cinnamon rolls,Raisin bread, Julekakke actually any sweet bread. Cranbery sauce(homemade)/Turkey/Miracle whip sandwhiches. Fried eggs on toast covered in maple syrup. Get this one my brother in law dunks bread actually saturates in bacon grease and eats it.

There is a grocery store in Prescott Wisconsin that sells homemade beef sticks with cranberrys mixed in, they sound awful, but they are absolutly AWESOME!! They also make ones with blueberry which are good, but I prefer the cranberry.

Being a Development Engineer in Medical Devices, my experiments transfer over to food. Have MANY, but will reveal a couple for my valued friends here on FM.

1) Scrambled Eggs - Put in about a Tbsp. of Cinnamon & Tsp. of Sugar in 3 eggs.

2) Fried Eggs - Sprinkle on some Von Hanson's "Special Spice" steak seasoning.

3) Chicken Drumsticks on the Grill - "Red" Paprika, a strong Hickory Rib Rub and Famous Dave's Rib Rub. Grill in Low for about 20-30 minutes.

Enjoy!

I've just got one question. Are some of you guys pregnant?....LOL....seriously though, when we had all 7 of the kids at home Sunday morning was always a huge breakfast routine. Hot cakes, sausage, bacon, ham, eggs, bisquits and gravy. Well, I don'remember which one but one of em started pouring syrup over the bisquits and gravy and/or putting gravy between the pancakes and THEN pouring syrup over it. They started following suit. All I said was I'm gonna get the mess kits out so you can eat like us GI's do in the field.

Peanut butter and summer sausage even better with some vennie sausage!

Any left over meat chopped up real small and fried with eggs

meat loaf sandwiches! A duck opener staple around here!

At Brewsters bar in Veselie has a Bohemian pizza that is like a Hawaiian pizza (ham and pineapple) with saurkraut on it. Mmmmm good stuff!

Take care and N Joy the hunt././Jimbo