Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishinguy40

What Type of Weight For Lindy Rig

14 posts in this topic

I'm curious what others prefer when selecting a type and size of sinker/weight for their lindy rig. I have tried several different types (all seem to cost $$$). Personally, I haven't found one that I like better than another. They all seem to eventually end up on the bottom of the lake or river anyhow.

Lindy no-snagg for me on a quick change clevis above the swivel. Works great....no twisting of the line, and can change weight size in a matter of seconds. I run them on power pro line.

as7_312480_imageset_01.jpg

I mostly use egg sinkers because they are cheap, and don't get snagged in the rocks on Vermilion any more than anything else. I would feel a little bad getting one of those no snag jobs caught in rocks, since they are a little more spendy.

Every time I've rigged this year during the FLW Tour events, my pro had egg sinkers tied up. I was actually a bit surprised with all the fancy, high tech, more marketable sinker styles out there that they would use a basic egg sinker for this. Guess when something works, it works.

Quote:
Egg sinkers are all you need.

I like the Egg sinker too. I find they do not spin on the line as much as the foot type sinkers.

how about bottom bouncers, what weight do you all use on them? I am coming back to leech in sept and want to try them out. I was using 1/8 and 1/4 no snagg on my lindy but will try these too. thanks jeff

I use only no snags.

sometimes I have the same sinker for a month

also use fireline w/mono leader

Fireline with flourocarbon leader between a swivel and a Lindy no-snag holding it to the bottom. Gamakatsu #2 or #4 Walleye Wide Gap tipped with bait of the day.

how about bottom bouncers, what weight do you all use on them?

That all depends on the depth of the water that you are fishing in.

In the past I've used the Lindy No-Snag, eggs, split-shots and the traditional walking sinker. This year I've been using the Northland Sling-Shot and have been happy with it. It allows use to adjust your depth by using a rubber twist slip and can change weights fairly easily. It's a nice product.

An egg sinker that will keep your line between 45 degrees and 90 degrees that will tell you if you have to little weight or just moving too fast.