• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My First Entry For Flats In The KOTC 2009

Shack

The Flat gods allowed me a nice fish this morning smile :

3581737991_b102eafbb2_o.jpg

3582707374_c24a084699_o.jpg

The official score is 47"x30" = 77 points

When you get a fish like this, and especially landing it your self while your partner is filming, you kind of go stupid grin Fun though!

It dropped the bottom of the ring on the Rapala ProGuide Magnum a millimeter above 50, so about 50.5lb's. This pig was caught on the MN River on live sucker at @ 0700 hours. Right up stream from some wood in about 15 fow. When it hit, it was hooked. Typical scenario on landing. Had to horse it a bit to avoid getting the flat wrapped up in timber. Once it turned it self around after about 5 minutes it headed straight for the boat and stayed put for a minute or so. Then she came up and slashed and let us get a look at her. After realizing to myself this is something we have to put in the net I grabbed the net and landed the flat. The rest is history grin Good times!

Yep I got the flat rash also grin

3581887453_0bf15665c2.jpg

3582697560_16e03f02a4.jpg

This is also my personal best to date.

Rest at ease grin, I failed to get my entry in the Moore's contest once again grin Some last minute changes to my fishing plans screwed up the whole deal crazy Just trying to kick up my die hard status a notch or two and finding it paid off in the end.

Isn’t the dead line like 6:00am though? I figure it was not a legal catch anyways so that makes me feel a little better grin

This was the only fish of the night in my boat and my only run of the night. My partner is under going the learning curve of bait caster fishing and lost about 3 good hook sets on runs with a bully.

Thanks LFC!

I'm resting at ease for the Moores. I did not do it this time out.... Same deal as you with lack of time to prepare and get some firm plans set.

I would say the patience was well worth the wait... One run all night and....BAM...POW... Crunch.... One Giant Flatty...

Congrats on the PB dude...

Nice fish shack!! What a piggie!!

Originally Posted By: shackbash
The official score is 47"x30" = 70 points

Now you just need to brush up on your math skills.

I think it is from the lack of sleep in the last 3 days grin I even had to use a calculator to get that number whistle Thanks Lowblazah grin

Thanks guys!

What a pig! Isnt that amazing when you first get them in the boat and your like "man that head is huge! and man that fish is long!"

Im still having dreams of mine. Great work on the landing it yourself. Did you get any video of it?

Shack, awesome fish. And to think, an all nighter with no other fish in the boat -- most people would have packed it in by then. Good thing you didn't, you would have missed the fish of a lifetime. Congrats on the PB.

nice fish neighbor way to go and that rash, isnt it great!!!!

someone wrote this in another post

Do we owe a thank you to the flat Gods when we get a monster?

HMMM wonder who that was confusedgrin

The fact your got her in the morning just makes it that much more special. Not a lot of guys can say they got one, especially that size, in the morning. And by morning, I mean after sunrise.

Yep, figured we would just go for broke. The big ones have to eat some time grin

Originally Posted By: elwood
someone wrote this in another post

Do we owe a thank you to the flat Gods when we get a monster?

HMMM wonder who that was

Yep that was I grin That post was sent via Iphone while on the river a short while after I caught it.

aanderud your right. I would have normally left by then. You do not want to know how many miles and gallons of gas where burned on Sat-Sun. The runs of all runs is what we call it but it was worth it this time grin Nothing beets the sunrise on the MN though smile

May31st200950lbflathead008-1-1.jpg

SteveD you are so right on. Right after the release I said "well that is it, what next" grin I guess a larger one or over 60 is the next goal. I also have a personal trifecta I would like to accomplish. Heck I will be back down this week, next week, and the weekend after that, like I (and everyone) have done for a good amount of years now grin You never stop this thing we all love. I mean how could ya?

audemp you bet and in HD to boot grin You should see it on an HD flatscreen though. That is pretty cool. I got some editing to do so it could be a couple days before it is on my Tube page. I did not even touch it last night, I had to go to bed.

Thanks everyone! smile

I have to give props to Humminbird's SI feature. I would have never know about this sunken mess of tree's and roots if I had not been side scanning the shore line with my SI on. Also finding the opening to place my bait right down in and have some clearence to avoid snagging up. wink