• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Happy Bass opener!!!!!

Deitz Dittrich

post reports here if you would..

I landed 42 bass this morning from 7am till noon.. managed a couple at 19".. really only caught them on 2 tech.. OutKast Swim Jig caught the most.. but a dropshot on deep rock outside spawning bays caught the big girls.. I was surprised to still see them out there with water temps 64-66 in my area.

Had a good opening day. 21 fish between 6:30 and 9:00 this morning. Swimbait bite, 6-10 fow, cabbage beds. Low 4's biggest this morning. Tonight found them shallower, 2-6 fow in old pencil reeds. Most on a wacky rigged senko. Two bigger fish fish went 5-10 and 5-0. Got pictures but forgot the B.O. Couple others in the mid 4's Tons of pike that were tough on jigs and hooks today. Total was 46 LM and I don't know how many pike. Best pike went just over 6. Water temps were high 50's and all post spawn fish.

i went our for a few hours today. all the other lake near annandale were so busy I went to a small lake (not too many big fish in that lake). I caught 3-4 12" bass then I got a nice fat 16" bass today out there. but i was using a texas rig worm. and that was so much fun it was awesome. I feel the fish on the line and just give it a big ol tug and BAM you got a fight on your hands.

I worked this morning so I didn't get on the lake until about 5:30pm and caught 8 fish all males. Reeds were the ticket and I also was throwing a sunfish swim jig. I used a swim jig before but never really caught a lot of fish with it until tonight. I think my problem was trying to use the swim jig just like a spinnerbait with a constant retrieve. The ticket for me tonight was throwing it in the middle of pencil reeds and reel or pop it through the reeds and let it flutter down in the pockets it worked like a charm. Do you guys like to use braid when you are throwing a swim jig for a little more feel.

Do any of you guys have the power poleon your boats, it would have come in handy today.

man Sled, I feel for ya. Sounds pretty horrible smile We can trade if you're interested in doing some packing and moving boxes into my new house tomorrow. I'll even lend you my car if you'll let me use your boat wink

Broke the tip off my Shimano Cumara somehow, Boat Battery died so I had to buy a new one, The exhaust pipe on my truck broke lose, Pontoon boat wouldnt get started then Northerns kept ruining my spinnerbaits until I had no more, Switched to Swim Jigs and Northerns broke two of those off. Very tough weekend but you know what it sure beats sitting in a cubicle at work. The weather was wonderful and I got a bit of a tan.

BTW anyone know were I can exchange my broken Cumara for a new one? I'll be out on Tonka Thursday morning so I need one this week. Can't find the reciept hidden in my stacks of papers will I need that?

Hope everybody else had a good weekend,

Craig

Most fish I have ever caught in a three day span. Surface Temps around 70-71. Most fish 15-17 and a couple 19-20s. Never fished the lake before but you know its going to be good when you need to use a shovel to make a launch!

Found my new favorite bait for shallows. The 1' deep 5/8 ounce fat rap. It needs a repaint already....

Went up to Mille Lacs for the opener. A group of 8 of us went up for Sat, Sun, and Mon. Between us we caught 15 smallies over 4lbs and 3 over 5lbs. I myself caught 3 4's, 1 5lb, and about a 4.5lb largemouth. We didnt catch all the many but the ones we did catch were huge. Great Opener

Went up to Mille Lacs for the opener. A group of 8 of us went up for Sat, Sun, and Mon. Between us we caught 15 smallies over 4lbs and 3 over 5lbs. I myself caught 3 4's, 1 5lb, and about a 4.5lb largemouth. We didnt catch all the many but the ones we did catch were huge. Great Opener

Would you be willing to share what quadrant of the lake you were on or what type of structure you were fishing? I have never really had any luck on ML for bass.

Hiya -

Man what a fun weekend...

Opened on a small lake with a mixed population of LMB and SMB. Caught 20 or so in the 3 hours I got out opening morning. Most on tubes, and more LMB than SMB. Also caught a few on hard swimbaits. I think I'm really going to like the Tru Tungsten 4-inch swimbait. Got to see several smallies come up and eat it, which was fun... Bonus fish for the morning was a great big walleye on a tube in 4' of water up on a rock pile. Spawned out 29-incher. Didn't know what I'd latched into for a while there.

Sunday AM hit another lake and my fishing partner and I caught @ 50, mostly on wacky rigged stickbaits, although I got a couple pitching a T-rigged creature. Lots of fish shallow, lots of them just cruising and not very interested in biting. Sounds silly to say you caught 50 bass and left a little frustrated, but we did...heh.

All in all, great start to the bass season.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

It was a great weekend out on the water. I spent the weekend out by the cabin on Sylvia and managed to have a great weekend. Didnt get any big fish, but had a great tiem doing it. We caught alot of fish, and did have a great time with the wife out for her first weekend on the water as well. It was just great to get out and have a fun ti e chacing bucket heads around the lake

All the fish came from the south east end of the lake. Most of the fish came from the rocks but a few came from the weeds. The bite got pretty slow towards the end of the weekend because most of the fish were spawning