• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dwyane Wade is MVP

fishersofmen

I'm tired of all this talk about Kobe Bryant and Lebron James being the two best players in basketball without even mentioning D. Wade. I see him as the best in the game or at least equivelent to the other two. Look at the game he had last night. 48pts. 12asts. with three unbelievable shots including the game winner. Miami would easily be one of the worst teams in the league without him. The guy is a class act, I hope he gets the MVP.

Miles ahead, I like that one Pier. Lol. If you've never been put in a box before, you have now. Lets look at the facts shall we?

D.Wade Pts. per game 29.7

K.Bryant Pts per game 28.0

L.James Pts per game 28.1

D.Wade FG% 49.5

K.Bryant FG%47.2

L.James FG% 48.8

D.Wade Reb. 5.1

K.Bryant Reb.5.4

L.james Reb. 7.4

D.Wade Ast. 7.7

K.Bryant Ast.4.9

L.James Ast. 7.0

D.Wade Stl. 2.2

K.Bryant Stl.1.5

L.James Stl. 1.7

D.Wade Blk. 1.4

K.Bryant Blk.0.4

L.James Blk. 1.2

Whoops....Looks like D.Wade leads in, points per game, field goal percent, assists, steals, and of all things being 6-4, blocked shots. Don't worry I'm sure he has a jock strap for each of them Pier. Class dismissed.

Quote:
I'm tired of all this talk about Kobe Bryant and Lebron James being the two best players in basketball
Quote:
Dwyane Wade is MVP

Get use to it because they are... and NO Wade isn't going to win the MVP either... its kind of tough to win the MVP on a 15th place team in case you were wondering.

Sorry about that too..... grin its best just to deal with it! LOL

The only part of the game D-Wade is close to Kobe or Lebron is offensively. And to compare Wade to Lebron as you will hear later in the thread is of course OUTRAGEOUS to say the least... grin

I understand Kobe will be ripped in this thread mainly for personal reasons and a few may even side with Wade who is a class act and nice guy it appears. But just his "kobes" defensive talent alone makes him head and shoulders above D-Wade as a TOTAL basketball player. Throw in the fact Kobe is better offensively its a No-Brainer... smile You guys can hate-on Kobe all you want but he's clearly one of the Two best basketball players in the Universe!

If you took a poll of NBA General Managers and Players asking who the best players in the game are Lebron and Kobe would be #1 and #2 by a long Jock-Strap!.grin D-Wade would not get one vote for 1st or 2nd best player ... and you can bet the house or in your case the dorm room on that one young man .. grin

Carry on!

Dude, Wade is a class act and a great player, no doubt. He is having an MVP type of season.

But have you seen the garbage that LeBron plays with? He has single-handedly led his team to the best record in the league. Mo Williams and Big Z are decent starters, but the rest of that team is GARBAGE! I'm a basketball purist and hate to see the league reduced to 1 versus 5 but the way LeBron has progressed that is what we are looking at for our finals preview. The guy is a freakish beast. I'm not ready to call him the next Jordan or better than Jordan like some have, since he doesn't have the rings, but he is having an unprecedented statistical season.

Player Efficiency Ratings for LeBron are off the charts. Wade is my runner up. His team is also pretty bad, with the exception of Jermaine O'Neal and a few other has-beens that turn in decent games from time to time. I just think LeBron is a tick better. James is physically more gifted, if Wade had his body maybe it'd be a different story. Kobe? Well, if you get excited for 61 points, 3 assists, and teammates standing and watching on the offensive end afraid to look their captain in the eye during timeouts, he's your man. If you want to see 52 points and 11 assists, watching a player earn his stats in the flow of the game, LeBron is your man.

You can continue to go on opinion, and I will continue to go on facts. You take wade off the Heat and they have the same record as the Wolves. You take Kobe or Lebron off their teams and they still easily go to the playoffs.

Fact. D.Wade has better, yes better offensive numbers than Kobe and Lebron. Points, FG%, and assists!!!!!

Fact. D.Wade has better defensive numbers than Kobe and Lebron. Steals and yes at 6-4 blocked stots!!!!!

So you can continue with the, its a No-Brainer Kobe is better on both ends of the floor nonsense. While based on facts he will continue to trail D.Wade in every statistical category. Once again my friend you have been put in a "Box"!!!!!

Its kind of like saying a Honda Civic will beat a Corvette in a quarter mile. You can keep on saying it will, yet every time they race and you look at the numbers the Corvette is on top. The guy with the Civic can talk all day, but at the end of the day the numbers don't lie. Yet for some reason the guy with the Civic still thinks he has the faster car?? Run along now.....class is over.

dachise31, I will go with you on LBJ being number two.

Wade was off last night only scoring 32pts against Boston, the best defensive team in the league. In the 11 games since the all star break he is averaging 36.5pts and 11 assists. Miami is now 5th in the East thanks to the league MVP. This is just too easy....

mvp doesn't necessarily go to the best player, otherwise mj would have had about 10 mvp awards in his collection. I could see them giving it to Wade because it's an award that tends to get passed around and people don't win it multiple times in a row too often. not that it's correct to do it this way, but that's the way it goes.

D.Wade said after the game last night "it was just another day in the office". It was hardly that. It was the first time in NBA history a player had.....

50 pts.

10 reb.

9 assists

4 steals

2 blks.

He also on this historic night became Miami's all time leading scorer. Flash strikes again!!!!

Kobey is a punk who should have been locked up. Labron is a great player but for some reason the NBA gave him GOD status the 1st time he stepped on the court.

D Wade is my MVP. Plays on a crappy team so he probably wont get it but he is having a MVP year for the Heatless. It would be easy for him to just scrap it and not play hard. By any chnace is he up for free agency soon?

Finally someone who agrees with me! Yea he probably will get robbed and Lebron will get it. They won't give it to Kobe two years in a row, plus like you said the NBA is infactuated with LBJ. I think Miami has Flash for 1 or 2 more years.........

What is taking a toll on his body is the acrobatic shots he puts up and he falls down hard. The NBA season is to long to be for a player to be giving up his body every night and not expect him to get hurt.

I do agree with all of you that Wade should get MVP. He was a favorite of mine back when he played for marquette and it is nice to see him doing so well now.

From ESPN:

The NBA will announce LeBron James as its MVP on Monday, The Plain Dealer of Cleveland has reported.

A day before the Cleveland Cavaliers begin their second-round series against the Atlanta Hawks, the league will anoint James, who turns 25 on Dec. 30, as its second-youngest MVP.

Wes Unseld won the award at 23 as a rookie with the Baltimore Bullets in 1968-69.

The announcement will be made at James' alma mater, St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in Akron, Ohio, The Plain Dealer reported. His Cavaliers teammates were expected to attend.

James, whose Cavaliers swept the Detroit Pistons in the first round of the playoffs, averaged 28.4 points, 7.2 rebounds and 7.6 assists during the regular season, his sixth in the NBA.

The Cavs host Atlanta on Tuesday after the Hawks finished off the Miami Heat in Game 7 of their first-round series Sunday.

Yea, he should have been runner up but it is what it is. Wade got robbed in my opinion. He single handedly got Miami all the way to a 5 seed and into the playoffs. Cleveland easily makes the playoffs without LBJ while Miami would have been one of the worst teams in the league without Wade.

Dwayne Wade lead Lebron James in Points, Assists, FG%, Steals, and yes even Blocked Shots. So the NBA can continue to drool all over LBJ and anniont him as the chosen one and hand him that trophy, but the NBA is a numbers game and the numbers don't lie....Flash had a better year period!!

Cleveland easily makes the playoffs without LBJ

Who's going to lead them then? Danny Ferry, Mark Price, or how about Hot Rod Williams?

Cleveland is a lottery team without Lebron. MVP doesn't always go to the guy with the best numbers. Most Valuable Player not Best Numbers Player

No way fishers. Like I said in an earlier post, Mo Williams and Big Z are decent and the rest of the Cavs are stiffs. The heat aren't all that much better with Jermaine O'Neal, Matrix Marion, and Beasley. LeBron spent the whole offseason lifting to get stronger, working on his jump shot, and finishing stronger with his left hand. He's basically unguardable based on his strength, quickness, and ability to finish at the rim and he's become a better player this year because he's learned to tell the difference between what he needs to do and what he needs to coax out of his teammates. His defensive game got much better after playing in the Olympics. Bron-bron is having the best all around statistical season of his career and lead his team to 23 more wins than the heat and the league's #1 seed. Even Wade acknowledged that he thought LBJ deserved MVP.

The ultimate MVP test is if they traded places, which team would be better off...the answer is whichever team had James. Miami would be the #1 seed with him. You really think Cleveland would make the playoffs easily without LeBron? Honestly? It's not all about the numbers my man and when it is it's about the number of wins. Even if you look at numbers the two of them are almost identical, Wade scored one more basket per game and James pulled down 2 or 3 more boards per game, so it was pretty much a wash across the stat line. So who got the most out of those numbers? The shooting guard or the small forward? More wins for the Cavs.

Wade is a phenomenal runner up...this might be the best 1,2,3 MVP race ever. Between Wade and LeBron it was a nightly shoot out around the all start break...But when you look back at this year and you have to remember a player, LeBron will be the guy everyone remembers. He's the true MVP.

I used to be a huge critic of LeBron because he would take on 5 guys and in Kobe-like fashion, destroy his own team by not raising them up or sharing the ball. Now watch a Cavs game. His teammate enjoy the guy, he jokes around...He might actually stay in Cleveland after next summer! He scores, he plays great defense, he gets his teammates involved, and he's got the killer instinct. He's really matured into the player that everyone thought he could be. So often players can't live up the hype but LeBron has shattered a very high glass ceiling.

Lebron is and should be the MVP......he might not have had the highest numbers in the league but that doesn't mean if he wanted to he couldn't have led the whole league in those catergories but instead he led his team to the best record in the NBA!!

Oh and dachise....Marion got traded to the Raptors for O'neal...not sure if you remembered that or were just naming the "better players" Wade had along side him this year.......

He's not kidding at all! grin

Then again he's on record as saying D Wade is better defensively than Kobe Bryant. Even though D Wade has made ONE all defensive Team "5 years ago" "2nd team" and Kobe has made 10 all defensive Teams including SEVEN 1st team selections!.... smile

Final resting place..........LOL.

thbox.gif

Pier I have to admit you got me laughing on that one......

da chise you mention the one category that LBJ had Wade beat in which is a couple rebounds and then say its a wash, but didn't mention that Wade had more assists, steals, and blocked shots which all turn into points and also shot a better FG% which means more points for other players. I just can't figure out how if you swap the two and put LBJ (who did not have quite as good a year) in Miami they would have been a #1 seed? Is it Magic or Carma or just his presence or........ wink

P.S LBJ rocks.