• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dwyane Wade is MVP

fishersofmen

Pier I have to admit you got me laughing on that one......

da chise you mention the one category that LBJ had Wade beat in which is a couple rebounds and then say its a wash, but didn't mention that Wade had more assists, steals, and blocked shots which all turn into points and also shot a better FG% which means more points for other players. I just can't figure out how if you swap the two and put LBJ (who did not have quite as good a year) in Miami they would have been a #1 seed? Is it Magic or Carma or just his presence or........ wink

Again, the MVP isn't about stats, but if you want to delve further:

2008-2009 Regular Season Stats

LeBron James

81 games, 37.7 MPG, .489 FG%, .344 3FG%, .780 FT% 1.7 ST, 1.1 BL, 3.0 TO, 1.3 OR, 6.3 DR, 7.6 REB, 7.2 AST, 28.4 PPG

Totals: 137 STL, 93 BLK, 241 TO, 106 OR, 507 DR, 613 REB, 587 AST, 2304 PTS

Dwayne Wade

79 games, 38.6 MPG, .491 FG%, .317 3FG%, .765 FT%, 2.2 ST, 1.3 BL, 3.4 TO, 1.1 OR, 3.9 DR, 5.0 REB, 7.5 AST, 30.2 PPG

Totals: 173 STL, 106 BLK, 272 TO, 89 OR, 309 DR, 398 REB, 589 AST, 2386 PTS

I don't see an appreciable difference so I called it a wash, but then I got to thinking. Snagging 2.5 more D rebounds means 2.5 more scoreless possessions where the Cavs can go down and score.

Also, Player Efficiency Ratings, which account for minutes played and are adjusted to the pace each team plays at, shows the following:

(1)LeBron James, CLE 39.19

(6) Dwayne Wade, MIA 26.63

James smokes him when the pace and minutes are evened out in the statistical realm.

fishers, Wade had one heck of a season, and like I said a few months back, if he was as physically gifted as James was, he would probably be doing the same thing. The extra length and strength really help James finish better and protect the rim better.

Why would James make the Heat a better ballclub? Because right now, he's better than Wade is at taking over games. Wade can do it, but James can do it better. That's just like both of their stat lines. Wade is unbelieveable, a mind blowing point guard. But James is just a tick better. The right guy got the Maurice Podoloff trophy.

Okay I see your point, maybe my man crush has gone a little too far. Lebron is a freak of nature physically I can't argue with that, what he can do at his size is amazing. At least you can agree with me that D. Wade also had a tremendous year and is right there with Lebron. For a few of the others on here to say its not even close is rediculus........I would love to see LBJ and the Cavs destroy Kobe and the Lakers in the finals! grin

Here here, we can agree on the finals outcome! No doubt about it, that was a great NBA regular season. I wish I would have paid more attention but when you don't have a dog (or in my case a Wolf) in the fight, it's hard to get into it.

I see your point about D-Wade, I just think LeBron is a man-child and is going to become un-stoppable in a couple of short years. You put a good cast around him and they won't be stopped at all!!