• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to Forum

ARROW 1

Hey All

I have been a long time reader and finally joined the "in" crowd by getting the internet at home. I'm pleased to join this informative forum.

There is some really great info and debates to be had here. I look forward to adding in my two cents now and again.

Where I might pop up.

I'm an avid deer hunter(archery only)since 1996. I put the gun down and, haven't looked back. I hunt the Atwater and Manannah areas.

Practice QDM and get antler resrictions IMO.

I pass up spikes 4's, 6's and basket 8's every year only to get gunned down by my 'brown its down' neighbors. I think my friends don't beleive I pass up the deer I do. I just tell them as long as I get a doe for the freezer I happy. I would be happier putting one on the wall to have something to show for all my hours of work. I do have two on the wall but, have more wall space smile

I bear hunt near Northhome. (gods county) I haven't gone the last two years, but will get back up there when I can raise the funds.

Next I love to fish.

I love to fish everything from perch to muskie. Heading to Leech this weekend. smile Stocking muskies in Green wouldn't hurt my feelings. The drive to Waconia or the Big pond is hard on my wallet.

I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to reading and responding to posts in the above areas.

Welcome to FishingMN. I am also a pretty devout bowhunter.

The QDM and trophy management talk is very touchy, but your opinion is important.

Thanks for sharing about yourself. Its great to have new members to enrich the discussions.

Welcome to the jungle! smile

Enjoy your time here and have fun.

Remember, everybody is voicing their OPINION. Don't take everything to heart. It can get a little fiesty sometimes. But there is always something useful to take from each discussion.

Good to have ya on board.

You've done it now! No more work getting done. You'll probably get fired from you're job. Family life's gonna suffer. Face it man, you're addicted already. Welcome to you're new family!

Seriously, welcome. Enjoy.

Welcome aboard. I'm on the same side of the fence as you when it comes to QDM. My advice is to never get involved in any topic about QDM, it's far too frustrating.

Not trying to hijack here, but this is good advice. I quit even looking at the DQM posts a while ago. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how "the majority of people don't want QDM" (according to the DNR) when 8/10 people I talk to are in favor of it.

Anyway, you've been warned about this one. It's a hot button topic for sure...

Welcome aboard! Just so you know everyone who has welcomed you gives allot back to this forum and I charish there opinions and learn from there tips. So sit back have fun and give more than you take and you'll be part of the archery family!

meat-run

Welcome ARROW1!

Welcome aboard. I'm on the same side of the fence as you when it comes to QDM. My advice is to never get involved in any topic about QDM, it's far too frustrating.

Archerystud it can be fustriating but its fun at times. The reason you see me in all the QDM threads is not to convince the guys I'm arguing with but there could be many others reading our discussion and many of those guys might be on the fence or at least open to some changes. The more poeple we can educate the better and I need all the help I can get.

You've done it now! No more work getting done. You'll probably get fired from you're job. Family life's gonna suffer. Face it man, you're addicted already. Welcome to you're new family!

Seriously, welcome. Enjoy.

LOL. Thank you DonBo and everyone else for the warm welcome. Also thanks for the words of warning. I will try not to take comments or personal views on this forum to heart. Everyone has there own reasons for not practicing QDM and I understand that. Some people may not have enough time to be passing up deer. Some people may be restricted to hunting high pressure public land. For the rest I still have hope.

Welcome ARROW1!

Originally Posted By: archerystud

Archerystud it can be fustriating but its fun at times. The reason you see me in all the QDM threads is not to convince the guys I'm arguing with but there could be many others reading our discussion and many of those guys might be on the fence or at least open to some changes. The more poeple we can educate the better and I need all the help I can get.

Bear55,

Some of them just need some plain education, period.