• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA Playoffs

titelines

Getting down to crunch-time and we've got some good match-ups this weekend.

So - Who's punching their ticket to St. Paul?

Here's my unbiased breakdown.

• No. Dak takes Tech out in two games. Congrats to the Sioux on their 14th Cup!

• Denver takes Alaska out, but I see this one maybe going to 3 games. The Seahags have been playing pretty well.

• I'd really like to see the Dogs pull it out, but I think CC takes 'em out in 3. The Dogs took 3 out of 4 there earlier this year.

• Bucky takes MSU out in two. Don't see Big Red having much trouble.

• Gophs and St. Cloud - It's a pick-'em. Which goaltender is going to show up for Goldy? I see three tough games, with the Gophs pulling it out.

I could live with the Sioux, Gophs, Bucky, Tigers and Pioneers in St. Paul.

How about you all?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am biased towards Minnesota, so I am predicting them to make it past the first round just as a homer plus I have Final Five tickets and I really want to watch them play there.

Here are my predictions:

UND over Tech in 2 games.

DU over AA in 2 games. Possibly three though, AA may be feeling it after the UMD sweep.

I like Kato over Wisco in 3 games as the Mavs were tough against Cloud and took two of three points from Bucky just two weeks ago I believe. That series was in Kato though.

CC over UMD in 2 games. I would like to see UMD win this series, especially if MSU-m can win as well becuase then the Gophers would then bypass the play-in game should they find a way to advance to the Final Five.

Gophers over Cloud in 3 games. This one could obviously go either way though.

The Mavs beat and tied wisconsin a week ago. They are also unbeaten in the last 5 games and are the hottest team in the wcha right now. So I think the mavs are going to beat wisconsin in 2 games.

I think north dakota will beat tech in 3 games

Also denver will beat aau in 2 games

I also see the umd beating cc in 3 games

I see st.cloud beating the gophers in 2 games. The gophers are just to inconsistent.

Sioux in 2

Denver in 3 - This could be the upset of the tourney if Alaska keeps playing well.

Bucky in 3

CC in 2

St. Cloud in 3 - like other have said this could go either way all depends which goalies show up, which offense, which defense yada yada yada

most of you gopher fans are pessimistic towards the gophs taking down the huskies. well, as a huskies fan, i too am a little pessimistic about the huskies pulling it out. i'm not to confident in the huskies playing on the road. should be a good series either way. probably 3 games. GO HUSKIES!!

I like the out chances against the Huskies, they are the only team we can consistantly beat this year. I say its highly likey the series goes to 3 games.

I think thats the problem. Tell me how in the World this Gopher Team could possibly beat a team ANY team 6 times in one year...I just don't see it unless we get some crazy/lucky bounces.

Hope I'm wrong like I am so often but I just don't see it happening!

Hoping SCSU beats the gophers, but the gophs always show up to play when these two teams meet. More than anything, I just want to see some good games. Can't wait! When and what time is the first game?

ya ya ya. I chuckled at it.

is the gophers scsu going to be on fsn? I have to go to iowa to finish up some wedding prep for my upcom,ing wedding there and im hoping to be able to catch the games at a sportsbar or something (when i can sneak away)