• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

registering a firearm

Now thats funny right there, I don't care who ya are. SB I love the sig. and avitar. That would be a good xmas card logo for the "PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS" Group. and the wedding gun, you don't have to do anything. Only when you buy from a dealer or auction sometime too I think. Private Party's No.

I was reading this week's edition of Minnesota Outdoor News, and in it was a story about a bill that some politicians wrote up. The bill would make everyone with a gun register the gun, along with providing finger prints, a picture, medical and mental health records. The story went on to say that the bill should not make it far though.

If something like this were to ever pass,it would be the responsible hunters and gun owners who would register their guns. What incentive would there be for the criminals committing the violent crimes to go out and register their guns, along with providing all of their personal information.

To say the least, this story really made my blood boil.

As Charelton said "FROM OUR COLD DEAD HANDS" I guess if the only choice is to fight fire with fire we better start takeing this less for granted and get the message out there to our politions that we won't keep them in office unless they keep this America,the way we sportsmen like it. we allot of us choose not to get involved because we think it wont happen, but it can if we go fishing and stuff and forget about it. The only way is proactive and voteing for some people that are on the publics side. If there is not a good canidate wich there seems to be so offten then we need to start comeing up with some.The other side seems to have no trouble pulling these wacko's out of the woods somewhere.

Check your homeowners policy to make sure the guns you own don't go over the limit in the policy. Write down the info on the guns such as make, model, caliber and serial number. If you have any value info record that as well. Put that info with your household inventory and keep that someplace that would survive if there was a fire or a theft.

You don't need to register most guns beyond the requirements that are in place when you buy one. Machine guns may be an exception but there aren't many floating around.

Tom, your advise about home owner insurance is sage. However, most policies cover that sort of stuff up to a certain amount. Mine only covered guns up to 200.00. That's why I have a "rider" for full value of all my guns, Hummels, coins, jewerly, etc. Better check and see just what possesions are actaully covered for thier full value.

We have full gun registration in Canada--everything including air guns have to be registered. Compliance with this law is less than the Gov't had hoped and it was and is extremely expensive. There are various bills in the legislature to do away with the long gun registry but none have passed thru parliment as yet. It's a real PITA.

I had a house fire several years ago and getting them replaced was the easiest part of the whole deal. The gov't had a record of every make and model on file and I just bought replacements--the only thing the Insurance company didn't kick about.