• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well a few of us decided not to make it up to the Burntside Bash in Ely Mn. due to the slush conditions we were reading about so we went over to the bay and had our own little bash.

Turned out to be pretty nice weather for us and no slush at all.Outdoorran, Casaloma ,Wyldewal, Skippers Kid, Jerry and I all headed over on Friday and fished through Saturday. Fishing was kinda slow but we did manage 11 lakers for our group for the two days.

By the way Wally has your arm healed from that monster you pulled up from the depths on Saturday. (a stump wrapped up with a gill net) grin.

Thanks for the great weekend guys and I promise that I won't have to change a starter in my truck the next time we go sick. Thanks to Craig for the hospitality and Jim for the directions on Saturday.

I will post some picts.as soon as I can.

Jar Jar

Jar Jar, you did great putting the starter in your truck & taking a potential whole day killer then turning it back into a sweet day on the ice.

Here's a couple of shots I got & let me know Tues. if you want more sent in email. Um, somehow I missed any pictures of you..?? whistle

Walley's first Ice Laker. He wanted to do a FM fish display pose in tribute to many hours of 'putting in time'. Randy with a stuby and chubby fish.

LakerTrip018.jpg

Tom aka Skippers Kid & The Brothers Olsen enjoy an afternoon bite.

LakerTrip020.jpg

here are some pics.....

Wally battling his "monster" grin

cheqtrip002.jpg

1\2hr later.... The "monster" (stump and gill net) 240 ft of water....

cheqtrip005.jpg

Finally!!!! First ice laker!!!!

cheqtrip009.jpg

great time and I will be back this Saturday for the day..

Jar Jar

What a great time I had with a great group of people. I would have never thought I would have had such a great time. I would like to thank you all for you great friendship and fun fishing. I would also like to thank Jim for finding time to fish with us on saturday as well, I was with Jim from the time we left the ice road and I find a glove and pick it up and another mile i find another glove and catch back up to Jim and we stop and the rest of the guys are 2 miles back, So I ask Jim if the gloves are his and they where so we headed out to are destination and Jim is just in front of me and he hits a good bump and all I see is his ice auger in peaces on the ice and all he can say is i did not strap in down and owell I have another one at home lets go fish. Well Jim thanks for the tips and for the rest of are group well it was fun to fish with you all and I to will be back sooner than later and John I will get your number from randy and we can go chase some more of jim's fish. Jim I will call you soon thanks again to every one we will have to hook up soon and just go fishing.

Was a great time guys. This is the second year we have done this and I'm looking forward to getting together again next year.

Wally, don't let the guys tease you to much, it takes a man to pull a big ole stump from the bottom to the top in 240 fow with the rig you had smile lol

Jar, I was impressed with your determination to get your truck fixed that night so you didn't miss any fishing. Also thanks for the homemade tow bar, that baby worked sweet!

Thanks to Craig at outdoor allure and of course Jim Hudson.

I didn't get any pics other then the sunset one in my avatar with my phone. Guys send me all your pics so I can send them to Jim thanks.

That was a blast this weekend. I finally caught my first laker through the ice and that was all because of Jim. He's a heck of a guide. If he can get me to catch fish he can get anyone on fish. smile I want to thank him for all the help. Espeicially with the stump, I don't think I could have gotten it in without his help. (My arm's still a little sore grin.)

I'm looking forward to doing that again now that I have a little more confidence. Great group of guys, good food and an awesome desert on friday night. Randy tell your wife it was perfect. Thanks for cooking on the ice, JarJar and Jerry. A hot lunch on the ice is always good. Thanks for letting me borrow your extra sled this weekend too Randy, It ran great.

I also want to thank Craig for the use of the cabin and all the tips.

Yea let Tom brag he was miles ahead of us smile he didn't have a casaloma on the back of his sled lol. Dang that little 340 sure did the job for you guys. I even manged to tow Gregs fish trap behind my X2 house all weekend without flipping it over. It wasn't from the lack of trying Greg wink

Steve,

I am headed down in the dark friday morning and taking the sled out of bayfield into the islands for lakers. The only hitch is I have to leave to get back at 2:30, Junior has a basketball game.

I am also thinking of heading back over on saturday morning. I have to coach Dylan's b-ball practice from 8-9, but could be at your place at 10 and go for the day.

An outside possibility is that I could talk the Mrs into taking him to the game and practice, which would let me stay the night in Ashland. I called the ashland hotel and their rooms are $35/night for 2 people or $30 for one.

Let me know if either/both days work for you. Friday is a for-sure, Sat is up in the air.

From what Jim has said, fishing will be slow if the barometer is dropping. So when you look to go find a sunny day, When we where there on Saturday it was fogy and not much sun then at 1pm the sun same out and every one was catching fish. I will be going back as well this weekend but I will see if the sun will be out before I make hard plans. It is going to warm up for the next week so this will make things a lot easier to up and move around.

We all have eachothers cel #'s so if anyone wants to meet up or has any sort of problems we can call eachother. Ill probably start out at Basswood about 7ish. Thats if I dont hook up with Cheffrey and his crew.

You cant miss me on the ice Im the big blue ice camo otter. funny how its camo but sticks out like a sore thumb. wink

Oh and I have a blue polaris 2up. next to the house and sled will be a limit of lakers. grin

Tom, Chris call me when ya get to the landing or later tonight and we can make some formal plans.