• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

old sleds

Eskimoman

Have an '87 Polaris Indy Sport that we still take out. It's a better ice fishing rig than a trail rider. She rides a bit loose and the back-end will swing around on ya'. The suspension is not good and, with a little 340 in her, won't keep up with anyone I ride with. It doesn't take long for me to get 15-20 seconds behind. Top speed is about 40 as it's just too loose to go any faster. I can take about 50 miles or so without being so sore the next day I have trouble getting around.

I do love it though. She'll start up anywhere in three pulls or less, and, being so light, I feel comfortable taking it out by myself. Just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

I have a 74 Rupp American is still running.In its day this was a 40hp twin with electric start and individual cylinder temp gages the cylinder closes to the fly wheel fan (forced air) always ran cooler. this had a gull wing hood and a 19" track.

A friend gave me this about 8 yeas ago and there was 390 miles on the clock,and it looked brand new.It needed a carb kit and a new gas line . the kit was $7.00 and the gas line was $5.00 .I tease him to this day about the $12.00 bucks he owes me.

He said "don't go farther than you care to walk home" the first trip was to the rocket bar on Mille Lacs two up and all the gear,what a sled.I have the owners manual and this a 25:1 mix of S A E 30 weight non detergent motor oil that is what Rupp recommends and has done me well.It does smoke some ,well allot.

Ran 102 miles yesterday with the XLT couldn't imagine doing that with the Rupp,not that it couldn't.

Took me awhile to dig this picture up.

I haven't had it on the snow in 3 years probably, just sitting in the garage right now.

1973 Sno Jet Star Jet

433 Yamaha Twin, Single Tillotson Carb

New crank seals, good spark, good compression.

She's a runner! wink

snojet4wj.jpg

1971 Ski-Doo TNT 640

1972 Ski-Doo TNT 440

1972 Ski-Doo TNT 640

1972 Ski-Doo TNT 775

They've been to [PoorWordUsage] and back. But are still in good condition. Dad used to take them moose hunting to canada back in the day and also used them for trapping. Also have been trail rode.

I have a 79 John Deere Trailfire 340, runs great track has seen its better days, and it needs a new recoil(but cant find one). Other wise in good shape My son is learning to ride on it, he loves it. HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL