• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sid's kid gassed

IFallsRon

Pretty sad when you get fired and Common keeps his job. There was a time when Hartman was interesting but on his own he bacame unlistenable.

Longtime KFAN talk-show host Chad Hartman has been let go by the station.

Hartman's dismissal was one of several made by the Clear Channel-owned company. Clear Channel owns seven stations in this market.

Also let go from KFAN was Hartman's producer, Darren (Doogie) Wolfson, who served in a variety of capacities at the station and frequently hosted on weekends.

Hartman, the son of Star Tribune sports columnist Sid Hartman, was the longest-tenured host at KFAN and, in fact, started working at the station when it was known as WDGY. The station switched its call letters in 1991 when it adopted an all-sports format.

Hartman also spent several seasons as the Timberwolves play-by-play announcer for KFAN. He signed a five-year contract with the station in September 2006 but stopped doing the Wolves when the team split from KFAN.

With Hartman off the air, Dan (The Common Man) Cole was slated to host from noon to 3 p.m. today and Dan Barreiro will go from 3 to 7 p.m. It's not certain what KFAN will do for the long term.

Hartman and Wolfson's departure add to the list of on-air personalities who have left KFAN in recent months. Jeff Dubay, a co-host of the mid-day show with Paul Allen, was fired after being charged with felony drug possession in October.

Producer Cory Roufs, who worked on Barreiro's show, also recently parted company with the station.

Wow. I noticed yesterday that Common went past 2pm and continued until 2:30. I figure that was just because of the Wolves game at 2:30 but apparently not.

The station is getting better all the time with Puffy and now Hartman gone. Paul Allen would be the tri-fecta!!!!

Doogie was horrible too and I don't think he'll be missed much either.

Another hour of Common!! Wooo-hoooo!! thankyou2.gif

The station is getting better all the time with Puffy and now Hartman gone. Paul Allen would be the tri-fecta!!!!

Doogie was horrible too and I don't think he'll be missed much either.

Another hour of Common!! Wooo-hoooo!! thankyou2.gif

That's a preposterous statement!

I feel bad for him but happy there will be a change from 12-2 on KFAN. He is a good interviewer and has good opinions but he was boring if you ask me. I'm sure he'll show up again on CCO or 1500. There is an opening on CCO. Maybe he can shut his dad up from time to time over there. I wish him the best.

Sandmannd - Common is one of those guys that either you get him or you don't. I love his show. Best on the fan if you ask me.

PS Put Sludge and Lake on from 12-2!!

the noon to two show should have went also, his bits are old and i don't really care about his golf game. i haven't listened to his show for about 2 yrs and if i listened to him tommorrow i'm sure it would be the same old same old. you can only hear something thirteen fourteen times before you can't listen anymore!

I feel bad for him but happy there will be a change from 12-2 on KFAN. He is a good interviewer and has good opinions but he was boring if you ask me. I'm sure he'll show up again on CCO or 1500. There is an opening on CCO. Maybe he can shut his dad up from time to time over there. I wish him the best.

Sandmannd - Common is one of those guys that either you get him or you don't. I love his show. Best on the fan if you ask me.

PS Put Sludge and Lake on from 12-2!!

12-2 was and most likely still is the Common man. Hartman was the 2 to 4.

I think he was making way to much money for the ratings his show was producing.

He's really sports knowledgeable but to me he's just BORING.

The show had no pizazz and when he tried to stir the pot to get things going he couldn't do it effectively. I almost felt embarrassed for him trying to be mean or take a crazy side of an issue. It just wasn't him.

I liked Common even in the early days when it was ALL golf... smile

Never really cared for Chad from back in the days with Barrerio, and when he got his own show. Maybe it was part of a inside joke or bit, but if I did listen to him and he talked about Sid, it was always "sid" not "Dad", maybe a "my father" once and awhile. On the other side, never hear Sid talk about his son either, are they just not that close? I imagine if Sid said, put my son on the neighbor, he'd be there tomorrow.

I will miss the guests he always had more than Chad himself.

Question:

I have tried over and over to listen to KFAN over their HSOforum. But, I always get the same answer in a pop up window:

"? We’re sorry, but this media appears to be unavailable. Would you like to attempt to reconnect?"

Then asks click “OK” of “Cancel”.

What is the deal??

I can listen to any of the “Fan on Demand” items, just nothing live. I can listen to any other station over the web except KFAN. I end up having to listen to it over the 740 AM station out of Fargo.

Question:

I have tried over and over to listen to KFAN over their HSOforum. But, I always get the same answer in a pop up window:

"? We’re sorry, but this media appears to be unavailable. Would you like to attempt to reconnect?"

Then asks click “OK” of “Cancel”.

What is the deal??

This happens to me once and awhile. Most of the time when I hit cancel it comes up, but sometimes I hit F5 (refresh) and it comes right up.

Man, it must be tough in Radio right now. Am 1500 cut some good guys a couple weeks back, including Mischke. They say he violated an FCC reg, but what day did he not? grin Also Kodiak and Willie! Knocked Jay Coles down and stuck Pat R in the morning. Patrick Reusse is great for quick sports reports, but man is his show tough to listen to in the AM.

My lunch hour is not the same frown