• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jonny_redhorse

"The Bog Weasel"

As Steve mentioned we came upon this weasel during our "bog run" earlier today...To watch this little beauty of a creature was just...well....amazing!...I really do believe it checked out every crevice and crack on all 3 of our vehicles!...lol!....under the hood ,all the tires ...license plates!....you name it ,that little weasel was there!...here's one of the photos...not all of mine turned out that well... grin

Ermine33.jpg

Frame_P1060154-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1060210-6.JPG

Nice one Johnny. Its pretty amazing a animal that size stood its ground on the carcass for any amount of time when four guys are stalking it like a pack of wolves. What an awesome and comical little beast.

weasel.jpg

weasel2.jpg

Nice ones, Jonny and Jay! What a blast that was. Who'd have thought something so little could have pushed up the adrenaline level in some other things who are so big? gringrin

Just what is IN there, anyway?

3067331432_6f9f0a2efa_o.jpg

Peek!

3067331352_3cc7e695cd_o.jpg

Something smells a little fishy

3067331216_f661d54c94_o.jpg

Bite me, Ford boy!

3067330986_f228aeccdb_o.jpg

Exploring Minnesota indeed

3066489953_f7b5991833_o.jpg

Lol!...You gotta love it!....That little guy was all over my truck for sure!....Never have I ever seen anything like that before!.... certainly made my day!...and super great photos Steve! grin

P1060175-1copy.jpg

Ya know this is almost making me want to wake up early and go again tomorrow. Those shots are amazing Steve. How did the hawks and eagles turn out?

Jay, I'm onto the hawks and eagles and chickadees and gray jays and redpolls and trains and photograpers next. We'll see.

MM, while the second one will sell some prints (it's almost full frame), I think the explore Minnesota image will have the ultimate best market. Think tourism/promotion. gringrin

MM, it was all the 30D/20D and Canon 400 f5.6L, with monopod in most cases, at iso400, f5.6 and shutter speeds from 1/125 to 1/640.

Nice bunch of photos. I wish I had been there. I saw a nature show one time where an ermine was guarding his food against a wolf, and doing a danged good job of it. Them things can be vicious for their size.

Steve, I agree with the Explore MN shot. I can see a lot of possibilities there. BTW, your exif doesn't show up in any of your images.

Thank for the great time guys. I just got home and was able to upload my pics. Great looking shots by all and I hope that I have a couple of keepers but that will have to wait tomorrow.

X-T, there was no EC in these images. I used evaluative metering and the whites luckily were not blown out in any of them. One or two were about 1/3 underexposed.

It's hard to let the meter just be the meter (well, it's hard for me, anyway), but sometimes that's best. smilesmile

Here some of the little guy that I was able to capture. He was definitely one of the highlights of the day and good for a laugh or two.

Who's that ?

IMG_3382pp.jpg

Sharp teeth !

IMG_3319pp.jpg

How much air ?

IMG_3357pp.jpg

If they could see me now

IMG_3449pp.jpg

One giant leap

IMG_3457ppp.jpg

The Fly Wallenda

IMG_3458pp.jpg

Some fantastic shots of a wonderful creature! These are not only good, but entertaining as well! Sure looks like another good day in the Bog!

Absolutely brillant work gentlemen. What's not to like or appreciate about each and every one of these aptures, thanks for sharing them!

Those critters are very entertaining to watch. Nice captures there guys!

Another great set of shots, what an entertaining way to spend the afternoon. Kudos to all!