• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Idol **Official Thread**

bassNspear

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Adam ok, but he screeches like a cat at times. If you get rid of that, Id like him more.

Lil is good, but she sounds like the Gospel singers we all heard growing up. I think she will end up leaving this week or next.

Anoop, eh, so so. i dont think anyone looks at him and thinks "Rock Star" But his voice is decent.

I like Allison, she has the raspy voice that people are drawn to.

Kris will make it a few more weeks.

Matt, while I like him, i think he will either be this week or next.

I like Danny the best bu think the competition will come down between him and Adam with Adam taking the title.

Bottom 3 this week? Matt, Lil and Anoop

Wow, they used the save!! Not sure I would have saved him but I think they just wanted to save someone this year. If they let him go they would have had to save Anoop or Lil next week and I don't think they feel like they want to save them. I don't think they would have saved either of them this week either. You can notice on the faces of Lil and Anoop when sitting there what kind of attitude they have. I for one don't care for it. Matt was way more down to earth and you could tell he really wants to be there. I think that was the deciding factor. But I honestly wouldn't have used that save unless it was Adam or Danny going home.

Save is gone.. I told my wife, if it was him they would use it.. I picked the bottom 3, and even more so the bottom 2...Matt is not going to win it. But will make more money than Lil in the long run in my opinion.

So, without hearing next week.. I guess Anoop and Lil are gone..

I thought for sure Lil would go? Maybe her and Matt will go next week? Two of them are going and no matter how he sings, Matt has ended up in the bottom 3 just about every week.

Lil has been way off for the last few weeks and comes up with excuses as to why...this might be wearing thin with the viewing and voting audience. She has a voice, she just isn't utilizing it right. Next week, Lil and Matt go home.

Agreed Wanderer, I think the hatred on the other two lies with their persona they give off. Just don't seem like likable people.

Hatred? Likeable? I haven't seen anything not likeable about either of them. Let's face it, most of the contestants pale in Adams shadow. The only thing I don't understand about Lil is the wigs, her own hair is certainly cute and makes her look much younger.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Agreed Wanderer, I think the hatred on the other two lies with their persona they give off. Just don't seem like likable people.

Hatred? Likeable? I haven't seen anything not likeable about either of them. Let's face it, most of the contestants pale in Adams shadow. The only thing I don't understand about Lil is the wigs, her own hair is certainly cute and makes her look much younger.

Hatred was a strong word. I personally don't like either one and I started off really liking Lil. I'll tell you the ones that back talk the judges and think they know it all, wreck it for me. Can't stand attitudes like that. Whatch their faces when they are sitting in the bottom three, just the looks on their faces tells me a lot about them.

You guys don't put all your money on Adam. The best doesn't always win, remember Reuben and Fantasia. They were no where near the best singers those years, but look what happened.

I'll stick with my statement from a couple of weeks ago.

Obviously Adam should win because of the wide range of vocals and abilities he has, whether you care for his style or not.

However, it'll come down to Adam, Kris and Danny, and which ever goes against Adam, will gain the other's votes. ie Kris will get Danny's votes if he goes against Adam or Danny will get Kris's votes if he goes against Adam, which will give them more votes than Adam.

There's too many people that won't care for Allison's pink hair, or Adam and "all that screaming" for them to win.

Yes, but are the people that don't care for those traits, voters? Seems like the younger people do the most voting and I would think that those two fit right in with what the voters are looking for and in some ways identifying with....but, you never can tell? Doughtry got bumped in his finale and Taylor Hicks won it in his...go figure?

Grebe -

I agree with your opinion, but my parents faithfully vote every week, and they're 70.

They vote for Danny because of the background of his wife being gone, and he was / is a worship leader at a church.

They did and still do love Carrie Underwood, and it's that vote that I think is split between Kris and Danny right now, and could combine to beat whoever they go against.

After all, what's that saying??? Something about mediocrity appeals to the masses, while excellence only appeals to a select few? Or something like that anyways. laugh

Thanks for that link Lamb! The only thing I can say is a quote from Frank Barrone from Everybody Loves Raymond! HOLY CARP. I had to transpose the letters to avoid the language police, LOL

Never count out the fat, old and crusty because just when you do they jump up and surprise you. In the words of Toby Keith, "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm good once, as I every was".