• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Idol **Official Thread**

bassNspear

But the fact that they did this for one person and not the other just leaves them open for bias and criticism. Bad PR move on AT&T's part. And they also instructed people on how to make these "power texts" and to keep doing them. I would be interested to know just what the vote difference was that night!

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say get over it. Do we have to be PC on every dang thing we do? If a company wants to back someone, then back them. If they don't want to back the other, then don't. Free country, free thought. I know with the new regiem it may go away, so enjoy it while you can.

I've heard the spread was so great that it never was a factor and officials were surprised at the actual numbers - Adam was never really a contender to win, because all the Gokey votes went to Kris.

I agree though - still bad move on ATT's part. You can bet they'll be a memo about no cell parties next year.

Thanks Bart,

If that is the case then so be it, but I am glad somebody else sees the poor choice on a big companies part. Tacky and potentially damaging to their corporate image. And Sand, you have to know that I am the least PC person out there! I just think it was a bad move on their part.

Adam also told Access he wasn't unnerved by the news that AT&T employees handed out cell phones at two pro-Kris Allen "American Idol" parties in Arkansas during the final round of the competition show, and showed people how to send multiple texts at once.

"There are plenty of standards and practices set up where they make sure that there's no, foul play. And I don't think it's a conspiracy," Adam told Access. "I think people are making a big deal out of nothing. A couple of employees handed out a couple of phones and showed people how to use them. I don't think that's a conspiracy of any kind."

Enough said......