• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trapping - What did you catch today. 2008

I don't think he skins his own. Well if it's who I'm thinking it is anyhow.

BTW protrapper are your initials J.W. Just curious to see if'n I may know you.

I've seen him on other websites, his "bad" days are actually very good

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 4 muskrats, 1 opossum, and one gray fox this weekend. I expected some more, but did also manage a doe with a bow and 3 greenheads and a goose. Hard to run a long line and also keep the bird dogs going, not at the same time.

Unless you are a seasoned trapper, at this time of year, you can do your best and the coyotes will still be waking him up!

At this point in the trapping season, all the sick, crippled and crazy coyotes are gone. The pups have been hit pretty good and the remaining are blooded pups that have been educated, the smart old dogs and wiley females.

Probably would have better luck trying to shoot em and weither you are trapping, or shooting, or both, you would not get the whole crew. Once you start whittling em down, they just move away. But after a time, whatever drew the first ones will entice the next batch also....hard to get rid of coyotes. Probably easier to try to learn to enjoy the music!