• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Serious Time Guys - No Crowing - No Jokes

Windy City

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an aboslutely gorgeous October day in SC MN. My day has gone about as well as I could ever exoect it to and upon seeing this news, got even better. More prayers and good wishes to Abbi and all of your family.

Dotch

Hey Guys,

Sorry it has been so long since I posted on this but we have been busy as you probably guessed. Thanks to Duffman for asking in another thread about Abbi. Here is where we are at right now.

She had her first successful open heart surgery and has been home now for about 2 weeks. She is scheduled to go back in for a second surgery in Jan or Feb and a third at age 2. There will be other cosmetic surgerys that will follow at age 1. They are testing her for sight, hearing, all the basics and we are cautiously optimistic.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving with our new grand daughter and Christmas is just around the corner. I will let you all know how the next surgery goes!

Thanks Guys,

Windy

It is with a heavy heart that I come to you all today. Abbi left us at 3:30 this morning. She started having trouble with her oxygen levels on Thursday and they put her back in the hospital and tried as best they could but as they pumped 100% oxygen into her little body her heart was just not strong enough to get it to the rest of her. My wife is sleeping now but I could not sleep so I thought I would write a few emails out. Our whole family was around her as the priest baptised her. They gave her some pain meds so we hope she did not hurt too much.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and I have one more request from all of you. This Thanksgiving while you are all around your families, give those children and grandchildren one extra hug and maybe slip a little extra prayer in for a little girl in Illinois who never got to fish with her grandpa. She is in good hands and I know the big man upstairs will teach her how to catch the big one.

Windy

Prayers for you and your family Windy. You are right, Abbi is in good hands. Thank you for the reminder to remember how special family is, especially the little ones.

As we hug our families in memory of Abbi as you requested please feel free to extend a big hug to your family from your friends here.