• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bullpen

mike morris

The Orioles didn't have any pitchers to start with!

After watching Korecky & Majares, if I'm Gardy, I'm thinking "One more eighth-inning meltdown & I'm going with the kids".

I hope even Gardy is starting to think this and that's saying a lot for MLB managers who are pretty set in their ways on numbers, match ups and using experience whenever possible.

Who didnt see this coming tonight after the gutty comeback? I think this gut wrenching loss will be extremely hard for these guys to recover from. Hats off to them for not packing it in but to come back from 8-1 to lead and then Eddie and Nathan throw absolute cookies was a complete diseased bit w/out a doubt. I don't know. I have a hard time seeing the boys w/ the same grit and fire after this roller coaster and yet again early X-mas present by the pen. Who saw this coming? They were definitely touted as a definite strength coming out but I must say Smith indeed dropped the ball getting an eigth inning guy as Guerrier/Crain went downnthe [PoorWordUsage]ter amd we had NO answer for there ineptness. They both need to be shown the highway IMOP Pray for a Neshek turnaround next year or it could be more of the same again. We blew at least 10 LEGIT chaNCES IN THE LAST MONTH onthe road that probably would have sealed the deal against the Sux I see then going in the right direction and us , not. I hope I'm wrong.

8 Ball,

I think you are on to something, although I might not have felt so a few days ago. My Pale Hose did the same thing the Twinks did last night, but they pulled it out. In the second game against the Kitties Sunday night they were up 7-0 and Ozzie pulled our starter, John Danks, in the 6th inning to preserve his arm so he could go on 3 days rest (that is the Sox strategy down the stretch as we are down to 4 starters) and our bullpen proceed to whiz down their collective legs, letting the Kitties pull even with a grand slam in the top of the 8th inning. My Pale Hose then proceeded to regain the lead in the bottom of the 8th with a grand slam of thier own by DeWayne Wise. That would be the turn that you are talking about. We got it done after being caught and the Twinks let it slip yesterday. Not sure what is up with Nathan but I will not look a gift horse in the mouth!

Windy

In my opinion the bull pen did not blow that game last nite. The bullpen held them after an lead of 8-1. Yes Eddie and Nathan gave up dingers, however Nathan should have not been needed to pitch, leaving as many runners as we did the score should have been 15-8 going into the 8th. Therefore it would have been fine for Eddie to give up 1 run. They could have used their call ups for mop up duty, if the Twins could hit with the bases loaded. Way to many left on base.

G.C.

Way too dramatic? You must not recall the years that Eddie G. was patrolling the rubber in the 9th inning, or "heart-attack Eddie" as he was referred to. That was the norm with Eddie, although he usually got the job done.

On the positive side, I heard a phrase I haven't heard in months last night. "Boof Bonser pitches a scoreless inning..." I thought I saw a plague of locusts this morning, too...