• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Croxton Pond Bags

Sko

Where can you purchase Croxton Pond ice fishing bags? I would like to get one that holds the 6 rods. I am tired of breaking off tips in my HT Wrap Around. I see I can do a mail order, but I have never heard of those sites. And Gander and Galyans does not have them. Any info would be appreciated.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Croxton Pond has run out of the 6 rod bag for the season.

If you're patient something better maybe coming out late season. or early next year.

You will see it here when it's available.

Yes, preferably, this season. I'll check Fleet Farm and WalMart. I should have figured Fleet Farm. When you really need something, they usually have it. Thanks for the input.

If you want a cheaper alternative method until they become available, try using the arrow cases designed to hold a few dozen arrows that bow hunters use. I picked up one for $15 and works for 4 rods, jig box, and other small misc. gear. Some of my rods didnt work because the length wasn't quite right. Better than most bags because it is hard plastic and can go through more abuse than most bags (not all) can.

Im going to be modifying that case to be set up for fishing rods instead (new foam etc) and that will cost me about $3.

It's just an idea for ya.

hello,

i own one of the bags that wal-mart sells. they are called the Deneveu Creek Tackle Tote. model# rld-2 and are made by
HT enterprizes.

i bought mine at the begining of the season because i could not find the croxton pond bag i wanted.
all i can say is there is absolutly nothing wrong with these bags. simular design as the croxton, velcro straps in the center storage to keep rods tight, holds my 3 rods, ice skimmer, extra gloves, some small cups and what ever i want to pack for lunch. each side pocket can hold 2 tip-ups, or 2 tip-ups in one side and extra junk in the other side and they have the back pack straps to boot.

just because they retail for $19.99 dont mean there less quality. i have no problems with HT equipement, and I for one like my HT bag. for the price of what a croxton pond bag cost i bought 2 HT bages, one for me and the other for my brother.

jim

if your heart desires a croxton bag, then i would try and find a store that would order one for you.

[This message has been edited by jimh874 (edited 01-19-2004).]

Another option for toting your gear is the Unbucket and Jig Pole Case from Stone Legacy. Stone Legacy products are exceptionally high quality at a real reasonable price. Plus, they strap together making for a highly cofigurable system. The Unbucket, Unbucket Jr., and Jig Pole Case are all hard sided giving your gear the protection it deserves.

I've owned Stone Legacy gear for a couple weeks. I've dropped them, bounced them around, smashed them under an ice house, and soaked them in auger gas (which can really give a guy a headache in the ice house), and haven't ruined any gear yet. But, I'll keep trying.

Definitely worth a look.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

I own a croxton pond bag also, but what I found out that works really good at sportsman's wharehouse, I bought an arrow case. Its about 30 inches or so and its a hard case,It also had little inserts where the arrows are held but it holds the rods in there just fine. It's under 15bucks so its alot cheaper and it holds about 4 rods, but you wont have to worry about breaking them off except if you run em over with your truck.
Keep the lines tight and wet!

Ditto Ray, The Jig Pole case by Stone Legacy carries rods safely. Toughest rod carrier there is. The tube is long enough to protect your rods all the way to the cork handle.

The Croxton Pond bag is a good option for organizing your gear.There is enough room in it for everything you need for a day of ice fishing.
I did however switch over to the Stone Legacy becuase you can organize your gear for each kind of species you might be after. I have my panfish gear in and Ubucket Jr. with a rod case attached,and my walleye,game fish gear in the Unbucket with another rod case attached to that.Then with the straps included on each Unbucket you can strap it all toghether to make one very organized gear bag.One thing I realy like about Stone Legacy gear is that there are a lot less rod tangles with out having to buy rod sleeves.Its quick access to your gear without all the hassle.
We have been giving away some of the Stone Legacy gear at the ICE Series events.If your interested in their gear I suggest attending the Mille Lacs ICE Series to get a good look at it.Steve from Stone Legacy will be attending and may have some gear on special at the event if you don't win one! smile.gif

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com
[email protected]
NPAA #863

[This message has been edited by Dennis Steele (edited 01-20-2004).]

Wow! What advice. That is what makes this site great. As a follow up, just by chance, I stopped at Wayzata Bait and I ended up getting a 6 rod case which they had on hand. It is made by JB Tackle or Lures??? and I am told it is a knock off of CP. And it was $10 less than what I was seeing on some unknown web sites. Looks very nice and quality is good. So, I made the purchase and now my rods are safe and sound. No broken tips.