• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Told ya!... "Favre"

PierBridge

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Packers offered Favre $20 million over the next 10 years to stay retired.

Chris Carter (Vikings Icon), was on ESPN yesterday and stated even without Favre the Packers have the best QB in the NFC North (Rodgers). Of course that's not saying much when you're comparing T-Jack, Kitna & the Bears QB's!!!

And now they are considering letting him go to a division rival?!?! This is hilarious how the Packers management is handling this situation. They are going to throw 20 mil at him to stay retired, why not just pay him his salary to ride the pine? It is starting to blow up in their face and I would really not want to be a packers fan at this point.

I've gone to battle for him numerous times on this board alone, and I'm fed up. Retire on me once, shame on me....retire twice, shame, er. uh. ummm how does that go????

I'm thoroughly disgusted with the whole situation. Maybe someone needs to show him the Joe Montana highlight reels from his last days as a Kansas City Chief.

Rodgers will be fine, as will Grant and the rest of the team. I will ammend my prediction slightly....11-5, Div Champs, final score in the Super Bowl- San Diego 24, Packers 26- on a last second completion from Rodgers to Jones. Another Lombardi trophy for the case.

Rodgers is the best quarterback in the Division now, I agree with that.

Even if Favre plays for another team, I still think Rodgers will be the best quarterback in the Division.

However, Favre is better than T-Jack....

If Favre does come to the Vikings, that first game will be quite the experience, no matter what happens....

Montana was past his prime in KC, but he still did ok. Can't blame a guy for not wanting to quit something he loves...but at least Montana did not play mind games like Favre.

I don't think the league will "tolerate" Favre on the sidelines holding a clipboard.

I have always dispised Farve, because he played for Green Bay and Madden, but cant take away the fact that he is one of the greats and I really wanted to have faith in T-Jack but I dont.

I would like to see Farve here so we have a chance at the super bowl before the team moves to LA.

By the way who in the heck do you trade for Farve anyways.

I don't think we will have to trade anything (or little).

For, he is riding the league and Green Bay hard. He has the final say on any trades. If he doesn't like any of the trades, he will "force" Green Bays hand.

So, we may get him for practically nothing buy $$ if he wants to come here.

It is a lose lose situation for Green Bay. It may not be the greatest deal for us either, but better than we have. With an average QB and our RB and defense, we should do great this year.

How can you say Rodgers is the best QB in the division when he's barely played at all? Kitna is way better than him... I'm kinda excited to see how Rodgers will do though. That is, if he stays healthy

A source said the Packers, if backed into a corner, would consider a trade with one of their rivals in the NFC North Division.

By BOB MCGINN and TOM SILVERSTEIN, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Last update: July 31, 2008 - 12:43 PM

GREEN BAY, WIS. - The Green Bay Packers, driven to the brink of desperation in their ongoing spat with Brett Favre, have discussed internally the possibility of trading the quarterback within the NFC North Division.

A source close to the situation told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Wednesday that the Packers were considering seeking a deal with one of their division rivals, most likely the Vikings or Chicago Bears, if backed into a corner by the NFL and public sentiment.

On Monday, GM Ted Thompson said flatly that the Packers would not trade Favre within the division. But having no prospects of trading Favre anywhere else and under increasing pressure from Commissioner Roger Goodell, the Packers are considering doing almost the unthinkable: not only trading Favre, but also to the Vikings, their opening night opponent.

An NFL source said he understood from the Packers that trading within the NFC North would be a last resort. They still hope to persuade Favre to be amenable to what the team regards as realistic trade possibilities with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets.

Although it has appeared to be quiet on the trading front in the last week, a deal with either team is far from dead. The Packers have had ongoing talks with both teams as recently as this week.

But Favre has frustrated the Packers by refusing to speak with officials from the Buccaneers or Jets. That makes it almost impossible for the deal to materialize.

The Packers remain adamant about not releasing Favre. With Goodell expected to act on Favre's request for reinstatement as soon as today, the Packers clearly don't want him in Green Bay and are running out of options.

On Wednesday, Packers President Mark Murphy met with James (Bus) Cook, Favre's agent, at Cook's law office in Hattiesburg, Miss., for about eight hours. The source said a central reason why Murphy went to Hattiesburg in the first place was that Goodell put heavy pressure on him to make the trip.

WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee reported that during the meeting, Murphy presented Favre and Cook with an offer in which the Packers would compensate Favre in the area of $20 million for the next 10 years in order to remain retired.

According to a source familiar with both sides, this was not the first time that the two sides had discussed a financial arrangement that would tie Favre to the organization for years to come. It is thought that the discussions began as early as a few months ago.

It remains unclear whether the offer was made shortly after Favre retired or when he began expressing a desire to play football again.

If the offer was made, some might interpret it as the Packers trying to buy off their Hall of Fame player.

Favre, who worked out Wednesday morning at Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, participated in the meeting with Murphy for several hours before leaving without comment.

When Murphy left several hours later, he had a frustrated expression on his face and also declined to comment.

In a statement issued Wednesday night, Murphy says: "We discussed a number of topics not related to football, including Brett's long-term relationship with the Packers. I consider our conversation to be confidential, and am going to be respectful of Brett and his family and keep the details private."

I was looking for info the Vikings moving to another state and came accross this. I know it was brought up all ready, but figured it would be a good read.

I don't get the Packers at all. I don't care for Favre, but if it was between him or Rogers, I would take Favre in a heartbeat. If Tarkenten had retired last year and wanted to come back, wouldn't you take him over Tjack? Just don't get that thinking.

Have you no morals?

The whole thing just makes me sick.

No matter how good she looks, you can't sleep with your best friend's girl. And in this case, she comes with a helluva lotta baggage. Do you really want to deal with this Favre circus next summer too? The guy's a nut case, drama queen, etc.... Took too many pain killers in his day.

Take away last year, and tell me what he's done in the last decade? I agree, he's probably better than what we have now. My point is...

I DON'T CARE.

I don't want the headache or the stigma that he'd leave here if we did actually do something special this year. I, for one, would just be sick if we won the big one with Green Bay's quarterback. I'd rather eat broken glass.

The only benefit that could come of it would be that we would finally get rid of Ballinger (hopefully they'd keep Booty).

I don't get the Packers at all. I don't care for Favre, but if it was between him or Rogers, I would take Favre in a heartbeat. If Tarkenten had retired last year and wanted to come back, wouldn't you take him over Tjack? Just don't get that thinking.
\

I'm with you. I don't understand why they wouldn't take Favre back either. I wish they would, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I just don't understand what can change so drastically in 3 months. Didn't they fly down to Mississippi in March to try and talk him into playing again? And now they're telling him to take a hike, wasting money, and causing a HUGE distraction for the entire league at the same time.

Go away, Brett. Just go away.

I agree, the Packers are being rediculous with this situation, it is really funny to watch it unfold. The scary thing about it though, is the fact that it is getting closer to getting him to Minnesota. I do not want him here at all and I would cheer against him in the playoffs if he did come here. I hear you about winning the Super Bowl with Favre, it would kill me. It would be funny though to watch him single-handedly lose a game in the playoffs again, just so all of the "Vikings fans" who want him here can get it rubbed in their noses. I would rather lose the next ten super bowls without Favre, than win our one and only SB with him.

Originally Posted By: Wadinator
No matter how good she looks, you can't sleep with your best friend's girl.

What the...???

Since when were the cheeseheads our "friends," much less our best friends?

I see your point. Not the most accurate analogy I suppose. However, it wouldn't have sounded as good if I had said "sleeping with your enemy's girl", would it?

This kind of logic gives way to thinking like "The girl of my enemy is my friend" or some such thing.

Sorry wade, I don't mean any harm. I stopped caring about the Vikings long ago - they hurt me bad in '87 and lost me for good in '98. This Farve thing is just a source of amusement.

I can see that you and many others here are loyal followers of the purple so I will humbly bow out of the discussion and let you guys continue.