• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

so who all uses this site?

jascher20

My name is Heather and my husband is Ken. We live in Austin but spend as much time as possible at our cabin on Jefferson Lake by Mankato or at my parents house on Madison Lake. Love to fish!!!! Growing up I was the type of girl that would rather be fishing and playing in the mud than the typical girly things and my husband lives for fishing. So relaxing, even when the fish are'nt biting.
Good Luck and be safe.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, the name is Ron and I live in Rochester.
I am a communications supervisor for 911 and train 911 operators, going on 26 years. Looking forward to retiring in the next two or three years. My first love is fishing of course, Bluegills, then Crappies, strickly a panfisherman. Then it is a toss up between golf, which I am only a hacker, then blackjack and boy let me tell you, do I have a system LOL. I fish the backwaters of the Mississippi near Wabasha and the lakes over by Faribault. We are blessed with numerous prime trout steams in SE Minnesota and excellent small mouth bass rivers.

Roger from Remer here. Grew up on a resort in the 50's. Guided Bass fisherman at the age of eight and still love to fish. I have three months free in the winter to hit it pretty heavy, average three days a week. Living on a small (200 acre) lake really helps.

I'm Vickie - I work with Special Needs kids ages preschool thru high school in the Chaska, MN school district. I fish (mainly for walleyes) but perch, crappies and sunnies, too. Fish just about every weekend of both open water and ice. In between - hunt grouse, pheasant, turkey and deer.

It's fun to see the diversity of us fishing fanatiacs.

Vickie

Well my name is Paul.
Grew up in Hawley minn., spent alot of my fishing time in ottertail county, lida, ottertail and big pine lakes are some of the lakes I do time on. Lots of smaller lakes that I just dont say too much about too.. Right now I'm 37 years old, working at mid america steel in Fargo ND as a fabricator and guide on weekends, evenings and every spare moment in between when theres no ice on the lakes.
I have a beautiful almost 3 year old daughter and a loving and extremely unselfish wife that lets me chase my dreams and supports me in my cause...Thanks Karrie.. Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Name's Jon Pressnall I'ma sales rep for a wholesale heating, air, and refrigeration company. 22 years of age. Single, with a potential. Born in Williston, ND got hooked on walleyes, moved to St. Cloud so I had a reason to take days off for the 9 hour drive back home. Love the Missouri River.

------------------
searchin skys for eyes

My name is RICK.I am a fundraiser for non-profit youth organinations.I live in the western suburbs of Chicago.I spend 10 weeks a year packsacking in notrhern Minn.In the spring I fish the north shore,paddle the BWCA and bum around the campgrounds of Superior Nat.Forest.I go home to work the summer.I come back in the fall to fish the Rainy and LOTW.I had relatives build a resort on the Rainy and have been going up there since 1958.My hobby is my 8 grandsons,ages 4 thru 12,that I am teaching to love and respect the great north woods.

I'm Brian, from Plymouth. I work in Marketing Research, mostly on the data processing side. I love to fish! Used to fish mainly for walleye's, but lately for anything that swims. I live very close to Medicine lake and need to put in more time there. Otherwise I fish other local lakes for Bass, Northern, panfish, and then make a few trips to Mille Lacs over the summer.

Hey, if Gspman happens to read this, I'd love to hear more about St. Joe's. I went there last June for some awesome fishing and will be returning this June. Went out of Slate Falls Outfitters. Biggest northern I caught there was 42", and the biggest of the trip was 48". What a blast! My email is [email protected] if you can chat. Also if Medicine Lake guys want to chat, send me a note.

Richard from Owatonna, Detention Officer. You can visit me at work, but I don't think you will like the accommodations!! Keep a tight line!!

Richard
PSD
Catch-N Tackle/Bio-Bait
Marcum
Otter Outdoors

My name is Chris I am 37 yrs old. I am a husband and father of 2 girls. I grew up in Cold Spring MN, I now live in Richmond MN. I am a heavy equipment operator for a construction outfit. In the winter Ice is were its at for me, aka (IceHawk).

If I'm not fishing hunting is were it's at for me, waterfowling is my specialty with pheasant hunting following a strong second.

I'am Brian from Sleepy Eye Mn, 46 years old, professional woodworker,(at least in my mind) and very 1st post. Love this site, has lots of great info from all walks of life. I have read many of the ideas of outdoor sports listed here and always find something worthwhile. Hopefully some of my input will help someone someday.

My name is Joel and I met my wife Matilda on E-Harmony.Com....... Oops! Wrong site!

"I'm 41 and I don't give a darn got a heater in the barn and its off to the rodeo......"

I'm a stay at home dad and it has made me loopy here in Robbinsdale.

mm

I am a father, husband for 21 years (maybe not much longer if I fish more than once monthly), a registered nurse certified in Psychiatric and Mental Health at the state hospital in Evanston, WY. My family owned New Leech Lake Campground on Portage Bay near Bena during the 70s, then Wildwood Resort on Big Bass Lake by Cohasset 1979-1994(?). I miss the variety of fish in MN but chase some perch in Utah, rainbows and macs in Wyoming, mostly to spend time with the kids. I can hardly stand to eat trout so I need to start smoking them. I usually fish southwest Wyoming reservoirs and Wind River Mountain streams. I hit Leech once a year for muskies while staying with my in-laws in Grand Rapids. (Indians forever, to heck with the Thunderhawks!)

Kevin

My name is Jim. I have lived in Duluth my whole life. Can't imagine living anywhere that you couldn't get to half a dozen lakes in 20 minutes or less. I am the purchasing manager for an internet company HQ'd in Duluth. Ice fish pretty much every weekend, at whatever lake that sounds good that day. Love to try different lakes. I like to fish Northerns, crappies, walleyes. In that order. Nothing like a northern deboned and cooked up. Have a summer place in Sturgeon Lake MN. Love to fish for Northerns on Sturgeon, or across the street at Island Lake. Now have my wife addicted to fishing in the summer. She even had us buy a new boat last year. Love to deer hunt, ATVing.
Heard about this site from a local radio guy and have really enjoyed the info.

Hi, my name is Jeff and I live in the south east part of the twin cities. I grew up fishing Mille Lacs and Minnewawa. I try to get out fishing when ever I can and when the boss(wife) will let me. I am pretty new to the forum and I am enjoying it. Thank to everyone that replied to the questions that i have asked.

WOW, Fishaholics Anonymous post going here! My name is Dean, 40 yrs old and have been fishing as long as I can remember. Also an Iowa transplant, been here in Coon Rapids for 10 years now. I'm temporarily retired from being a self employed general contractor. Flooring was my niche and blew my knee out, had 2 surgerys, and after being on the Favre plan of popping Vicodin like Pez, decided to start looking for other work. Hoping to get back into Inventory Analyst work or back into sales, but until then, pass the bait!!

I fish year round but would rather be on soft water. Love the Vermillion area, but spend a lot of time on Leech, Winnie, LOW, and Devils Lake. Tourney fish when able ($ and time). Am married to a wonderful woman who loves to fish and is my partner in many team events.

Rod Bender, if you read this, what part of Central Iowa are you in? I grew up in State Center and fished most all the lakes around there.

Keep the hook sharp,
Dean Thorn

Dean!
When you taking me out in the Ranger on pool 4? I always forget and then I see one of your infrequent posts and then its "Oh yea. Got to hook up with Opie." This year for sure!

mm

Sounds good Dean. I'm replying up here so as to not mess up the thread. E-mail is [email protected] or Joel Ellingson in the phonebook. Look forward to it sir!

[This message has been edited by mistermom (edited 01-14-2004).]

Joel,

Hopefully we can get out early this spring. Would like to see more current down there, as I need to work on the handlining techniques more, but if there isn't much current, we can pitch plastics or do some trolling. There are some pigs to be caught in late Feb - early March. If I knew how to post a pic to this, would show you a 27 3/4 incher that went 10 1/2 lbs I got last March while my wife and I were down there.

Dean Thorn

I'm Rob, live in Champlin, work for a consulting engineering firm designing electrical systems for comercial buildings. In reality, I read and post on these forums. wink.gif

I haven't gotten a chance to get out on the ice much this year. Next year for sure!

Walleyes on ice, thats nice.