• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best method for taking off 2007 boat sticker?

Doonbuggy

Are you taking it off Glass or Aluminum? Alloy, I would try a heat gun lightly and see what happens. Only do this if you will not melt any plastic areas and/a gunnel bumper. If you can get the sticker off, there will be some residue that you can then take off with Goo Gone. Or you can use mineral spirits. Glass, carefully scrape with a plastic credit card and then use the goo gone. Any which way, you may end up with some scratches, just take it easy and make every attempt to cover up the same spot as last time.

bad thing about that is that if your new one starts to come off a bit, then it will show the old sticker that is under it. Jigg said, use a credit card to get it off, and then a product to get the rest off.

Make sure to use a plastic razor blade. Then goo gone the left over sticky mess. I just put my new one on over the old ones. Never had a problem. After my next one I will remove the other 2.

If you have access to one of those hand held clothes steamers they work excellent even better than a heat gun since more often than not the glue comes off with the decal,amazing little device for such a task.

on bare aluminum, I go to the you-do car wash, and blast the sticker.. I don't know if I would do this on a painted surface however. might have unfortunate results.