• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Alaska Experiment

jltimm

Did anyone watch this? They have a 3 month vacation if you ask me. I would of liked to volunteer for this. Don't get me wrong, It's a good show, and it'll be interesting to watch. The guy with the two fat daughters is gonna hate this trip!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught it right after Deadliest Catch yesterday.

So far... BIG thumbs up!

Sort of like "Survivor North Dakota in Winter" that I've been wanting to see for years rather than these tropical places.

That guy with the daughters is going to flip out! grin.gif

Yeah, I watched that show the other night too. I think it will be a good show. I am going to predict that the couple that kayaked in and are staying in the wall tent near the water are going to fair the best out of the whole group. They seem to have it together as far as being in the wilderness. The IT crew is going to struggle, and pops is going to throw his daughters to the bears before its over. The other couple might do alright, but the guy seems to not be much of an outdoorsman but his girl will teach him the ways of the woods from the looks of things. It will be a fun show to watch... Wish I was there.

i think if they didnt have the off camera guides or whatever watching out for them, people would DIE. lol

the guy with the 2 daughters is going to kill himself. or his daughters. or they will never speak to each other again.

lol

"I'm not much of an outdoorsman but I do go camping Labor day weekend". That's what the one guy who nearly had a heart attack walking in says at the begining. Watching that show is going to be like watching a certain buddy of mine back up his boat and trailer, one foot forward for every two feet back. \:D

Originally Posted By: Farley
"I'm not much of an outdoorsman but I do go camping Labor day weekend". That's what the one guy who nearly had a heart attack walking in says at the begining. Watching that show is going to be like watching a certain buddy of mine back up his boat and trailer, one foot forward for every two feet back. \:D

LOL. I caught it the other night too. I wish I could have volunteered. I don't think it would be a cakewalk, don't get me wrong, but I do think it would be a cool challenge to try, plus it would get me back in shape in no time!!! So far I think a few of them need to learn a few things, like the importance of rations and how to orienteer with map and compass. It was good to see the guy just grab the salmon and putting up the vestibule. I think the wall tent people got gyped, especially since they are the ones in the worst spot with bears.

The first thing you learn about Outdoors Survival-Don't Panic. Everybody was crying by the first or second day, you've got 90 to go...They have to be mentally strong.

Good start to the show.

I spent 37 days in a row in the BWCA and Quetico one summer. It' been a curse ever since. Once you relize how little you can comforably live without(unbelievablly fun too)the price we pay to live this work a day lifesyle seems absurd.

Our Indian ansestors needed no where near forty hours a week of labor to prepare for the long winter.

Roger waters on Radio Chaos summed it up perfectly."you wake up in the morning,get something for the pot

wonder why the sun makes the rocks feel hot

draw on the walls, eat, get laid

back in the good old days

then some darn fool invents the wheel

listen to the white walls squeel

you spend all day looking for a parking spot

nothing for the heart

nothing for the pot"

That's a closeup of the suitcase handle on a flathead catfish. It was a cool pic full screen but when rotated and shrunk it loses lots of detail. That fish was 58 pounds.

I tend to run my mouth a little and found it a fitting avatar. Hans

ya that is very intersting, should post the full photo so we can take a look at it and see what its all about.

Back to the subject, i think this show is going to be a huge hit being that its running right after Catch. alot of people are going to watch it and its going to get some awesome ratings i believe

Allright, it's ABUNDANTLY clear that no one here would be eligible for this show. If you have an ounce of Outdoorsman in you you were screened out of the casting process. People that have never fired much less held a gun, people that can't unhook fish nevermind holding a spinning rod correctly, people that need a day to fix a saw handle despite having all the necessary tools. Do I need to go on?

If I was the father of the two overweight and argumentative daughters I would lather them in fish slime and lock them out of the house hoping a bear would eat them. Good golly they are annoying and lazy.

At least the Pierson couple has a little appreciation for the meat they buy at the grocery store now. People pay tons of money to hunt goats in Alaska. I wish they would have shown the actual impact shot but it was cloudy. I have my doubts that the guy shot it, but I also have my doubts as to how much off-camera help they are getting. They never did show how they kept the meat from spoiling. Maybe next week?

The things that annoys me about the show is the really play things up. "Botulism kills over 100 people in the United States each year." Whoop-de-do. Pretty small risk if you think about it. "Alaska has had XX brown bear attacks since 2000." Well, if they carried side arms or slung up their rifles they wouldn't have anything to worry about, plus more protein if they did shoot one.

Too many details are overlooked I'm afraid. I liked the show last week but this week it was a view of the blind leading the blind. Too much soap opera drama instead of focusing on the elements of the situation.

I really loved the chubby chicks just diggin into raw potatoes. Dad's out trying to fish or something and they are back eating raw potatoes and all the peanut butter. They'll be loosing weight soon enough after they eat all their rasions in the first day. They are rude to their Dad too, I would never take that from my daughter.

I wanted to reach into the TV, grab the two stupid chicks by the throat and strangle them. On the first episode one of them screamed at the dad because he didn't line his boots up under the table the way she wanted. To borrow a phrase from Deadliest Catch, "now I know why animals eat their young"

I was going to mention that Deitz. Who in their right mind uses a high power rifle as a freakin walkin stick? Every time he thumps the butt on the ground, he is knocking that scope out of whack. Unsafe, and stupid. Great way to treat a nice firearm.

I am going to continue to watch the show just to see how long the two chubbys can go before they go insane and quit. Dad will probably just say see ya later and stay out there. I think he at least has it together a bit. The couple that is down on the shore in the wall tent seems to have it together pretty well, and the other IT threesome from California is going to freeze to death or starve by next week already.