• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best song lyrics?

AaronM

What, in your opinion, are some of the best song lyrics out there? There of course are an endless amount of good songs out there, but what ones really get you when they come on the radio?

For me, Turn! Turn! Turn! by The Byrds:

A time to gain, a time to lose

A time to rend, a time to sew

A time for love, a time for hate

A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

Led Zeppelin, Beatles and the Rolling Stones!

Anything they made is my book!

I will add Eric Burdon and the Animals also and throw Eric C in the mix.

Rock and Roll Baby!!!!

Originally Posted By: shackbash
Led Zeppelin, Beatles and the Rolling Stones!

Anything they made is my book!

I will add Eric Burdon and the Animals also and throw Eric C in the mix.

Rock and Roll Baby!!!!

I agree with you all the way, but would also add the Eagles to that list.

Dylan is the master of songwriting, as far as I'm concerned nobody is even close. I know a lot of his lyrics dont make sense but that's what I like about his stuff, it can mean many differnt things to many differnt people.

If you ever watch "No Direction Home" the documentry by Scorsese, it's pretty cool when he's looking at that board full of words and just makes up lyrics using those words.

"Subterainian Homesick Blues":

"You dont need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

I dont know if he came up with that or not but it's one of my favorite lyrics.

Also from "Highway 61 Revisited":

God said to Abraham "kill me a son"

Abe said "man you must be puttin me on"

God said "no"

Abe said "what"

God said "you can do whatever you want Abe but,

Next time you see me commin you better run!"

Abe said "where do you want this killin done?"

"God said down on Highway 61"

Bob Seger: Down on Main street

Metallica: One

Rammstein: Du Hast

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Freebird/Simple Man

My 5 favorite lyrics that I can think of now, and when I listen to these songs i've got to crank the volume up \:\)

Since this is a fishing board, I'll go with The Yoopers. I think I know all the words to several of their songs.

(If you like rap and ice fishing or even if you don't like rap, you gotta hear "Ice Fish Baby" by them. And their rendition of "Diarhhea" will live forever)

PS I agree with Windy about Taupin for Elton.

I will take any Zep any day and blast it as loud as it will go. One of my other favs that has been getting a lot of air time in my world is Janis Joplin. If you can't appreciate her music, well, there is somethin wrong with you. Pink Floyd, the Stones, and Metallica are always chart toppers too. Of all the new age bands out there, most are craap, but the one that I listen to all the time is Linkin Park. Their albums are written and arranged the way they used to do it back in the classic rock days where it had that genuine flow to it. I have seen them in concert 6 times now, and will continue to pay to see them perform live.

I guess there is one more, TOOL. Enough said.

Meaney,

I knew there was something I liked about you! I am a huge Seger fan, saw him last year and the boy can still rock it. There is some snow on the roof but there is still fire in the furnace. Fun fact: It took him 2 years to write the second verse of Night Moves. Well worth the wait though! And we listen to Du Hast every Friday at work, gets the boyz geeked for making the sale!

Windy

John Legend has some incredible lyrics... "Ordinary People" is an amazing song about relationships.

Meaney hit one of my favorites with "One"

Tony Rich Project "Nobody Knows" is another good one

I am trying to convince my fiancee to use "Long Trip Alone" by Dierks Bentley for our first dance. It has some excellent lyrics also.

The other one I like is "You and I" originally done by Stevie Wonder (I believe) and covered by Michael Buble

Originally Posted By: polarsusd81
One of my other favs that has been getting a lot of air time in my world is Janis Joplin. If you can't appreciate her music, well, there is somethin wrong with you.

Big Brother and The Holding Company is a great band.

"Oh Oh Yaaa, Oh Oh YaaaaYaaaYa! Awhaaaaa, Whaaa whaa wanoo wanoo" grin.gif

Im one of the more eckletic music person going. I listen to a wide rang of stuff. Im "my" area downstairs where I build rods, tie jigs, tie flies, paint jigs, ect I have a cd player usually going. My most played cd's are the Allman Bro's, James Taylor, Pearl Jam and Willie Nelson!

But one of my favorite hooks is from the song 99 Problems by Jay-Z. I am constantly reminding a buddy who is always going through relationship problems...

"if your having girl problems I feel bad for you Son, I got 99 problems and that aint one" (edited version)...

99.38666% of rap is garbage but that is one catchy song with some great lyrics...

Originally Posted By: Dark Cloud
My most played cd's are the Allman Bro's, James Taylor, Pearl Jam and Willie Nelson!

Dark Cloud - I see you're in NY, are you planning on making it to any of the PJ shows out east this summer?

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
 Quote:
Rammstein: Du Hast

Meaney, I like Rammstein too but I can't understand the German lyrics!

haha, I never knew what they meant either, but I looked a lot of them up online (english lyrics of course) and now when I listen to the songs they make total sense! \:\)