• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow!...Arrrgh! (pics)

Just when things were really startin to dry up and turn springhy!....Jeezaws! cry.gif....poor creatures!...I even saw a wooly bear caterpillar (or something that resembled it) crawlin around yesterday!....the fields were all melted off yesterday!....roads were dry!.....Minnesota at it's finest hour! grin.gif....my back yard an hour ago and it's not over yet cry.gif......

Frame_P1010439-1.JPG

Frame_P1010433-1.JPG

Frame_P1010438.JPG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see that Jonny. We haven't been nailed yet in Duluth. I'm heading for warmer weather later this evening. I'm just hoping to get out of here in time. Good luck up there!

nature can be so very cruel. I had to push my door open because it was being held shut by all snow. I figured I would come play online a bit before I went to work shoveling....lol

Yikes! You can keep the snow up there!

Sorry man, we had it last week, and I think we've got enough of that snow down here.

It's raining here right now...Yesterday it was 65 degrees and sunny, now it's 45's and gloomy. Better than snow. Right!?

Bet you the snow will be gone in a few days. 1 day it's 30's and the next day it's 80's. That's Minnesota!!!!

Looks like that around us, too. Several hundred birds at the feeders today - mostly redpolls and chickadees - but have also seen some dark eyed juncos, goldfinches and also saw three canadian honkers fly by the window (they didn't stop for a snack though!).

Sorry to hear that ST! I have to wait another couple of hours before heading south and every minute makes it seem more likely that it may not happen. The sleet just started here. Good luck digging out crazy.gif

I already got rid of one batch of snow this morning and in some spots, it's almost back again!...guy almost has to get rid of it in case of an emergency so one get can get out of the garage!...not that I'm planning on any amergencies! cry.gif...The police scanner was busy this morning for sure....one guy dropped while moving/shoveling snow and had to give him a"nitro tablet" on scene...wonder where he is tonight!...this snow is HEAVY this time tired.gif....

here's the latest pics from our major "snow event"...she's not a stoppin cry.gif....20"(drifting some) in my driveway allready!...shoveled my butt off!....do it all over in the morning again grin.gif.....my little snow blower won't hardly handle this stuff!....hand shovel this time!...pics taken half hour ago(6:30 pm)....

P1010448-1.JPG

P1010441-1.JPG

P1010451-1.JPG

Reporting in from Deer River, MN. I got the tape measure out at 5:30 pm and measured 16" of the white stuff sitting on top of my freshly raked yard. Just when you think spring is here, ol' ma' nature laughs in our faces and kicks us in the groin! Typical MN. I knew my wife shouldn't have BBQ'd last night while I was out ice fishing. Yep, blame the wife! LOL The bad news is that the ice that is left will by HIGHLY dangerous in my opinion, from what I saw the last 2 days when I got out before the snow.

4608aui6.jpg

Brian

Ya know guys, I envy you for the beauty and wildlife of the North Country, but I sure don't envy you for your excruciatingly long winters. I sincerely feel sorry for you. It was such a great feeling when our small amount of snow melted. I just can't imagine getting another foot or more. I do believe I'd lay down and cry. \:\(

Consider this post my tears and my laydown. Mrs. Catfish has been trying to get us to move closer to the Cities for several years, and with this latest blizzard I'm definitely fighting a rear-guard action.

As any student of military history will attest, rear-guard actions don't change an inevitable outcome. They merely delay it.

I have no doubt we'll still be here long enough for me to have to shovel 24 inches of wet snow. \:\(

Honestly, putting up with late season snowfalls is a small price to pay to live in God's Country. I think it adds to the essence of being in a less populated, more "back to nature" region of the state. You guys get to enjoy the outdoors more, IMO, than most of us in the southern part of the state because it's right at your fingertips.

Easy for me to say - I found some tulips popping up in our flowerbed today!

I was feeling pretty bad about the 6 - 8" we got here, but you guys really got clobered, you are right it is very wet and heavy.

Friday and Saturday it was great and near 60 degrees and today YUCK

DMN

I've plowed twice already today, and just got word that work has been canceled for tomorrow. Looked out the back and my blind is collapsed. Wow! Haven't seen this for a long time.