• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog Names

folke2000

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Springer my dad had (that I barely remember) was Duke. Got a second when Duke was old and named it King. Well they've always been males since and always been Duke and King.

While hunting with the father in-law and wife a coupld of years ago the father in-law made a comment to my wife about my then 1 1/2 year old King. He stated "Look at those little Humvee's going through everything". Not sure what connection he made with our dog and a vehicle but it stuck in my wife's head.

She now wanted to break the 2 male dog cycle and get a female so she could have her little "humvee". Needless to say we are now a 3 springer family with the youngest one being a female with a name of just " V " for short.

Next dog...Well old Duker is, well old. So I would imagine that in a couple of years or so (hopefully longer) we'll have another Duke.

chloe is my new mutt pup

ophelia was my last mutt pup (for the song by the band)

i always liked naming a dog after a good tune.

i knew a do named D-O-G it sounded like deeogie.

i wanted to name opehlia 'god' for the blind melon lyric, 'if i can't lay my head beside this god of mine, then maybe the hunter's dog called god could be my friend in time.'

i just didn't feel right about taking 'god' outside to make tinkles.

I've had a German Shorthair named Pepsi (adopted from my cousins), then a rottweiler cross named Reebok, and yellow lab named Oakley.

I've named several of my cousins labs for him...Nelly, Remy, Tikka, Sierra.