• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NCAA Division I men's ice hockey championships

PierBridge

Here's the schedule for the 2008 NCAA Division I men's ice hockey championships (All times ET):

East Regional

At Times Union Center -- Albany, N.Y.

Friday, March 28

Clarkson (21-12-4) vs. St. Cloud State (19-15-5), 4 p.m., ESPNU

Niagara (22-10-4) vs. Michigan (31-5-4), 7:30 p.m., ESPNU

Saturday, March 29

Regional final, 7 p.m., ESPNU

West Regional

At World Arena -- Colorado Springs, Colo.

Friday, March 28

Notre Dame (24-15-4) vs. New Hampshire (25-9-3), 6:30 p.m., ESPN360.com

(tape delay on ESPNU, 1 a.m. on 3/29)

Michigan State (24-11-5) vs. Colorado College (28-11-1), 10 p.m., ESPNU

Saturday, March 29

Regional final, 10 p.m., ESPNU

Midwest Regional

At Kohl Center -- Madison, Wis.

Saturday, March 29

Princeton (21-13-0) vs. North Dakota (26-10-4), 3 p.m., ESPN360.com

(tape delay on ESPNU, 12:30 p.m. on 3/30)

Wisconsin (15-16-7) vs. Denver (26-13-1), 6:30 p.m., ESPN360.com

(tape delay on ESPNU, 2:30 p.m. on 3/30)

Sunday, March 30

Regional final, 7 p.m., ESPNU

Northeast Regional

At DCU Center -- Worcester, Mass.

Saturday, March 29

Air Force (21-11-6) vs. Miami, Ohio (32-7-1), 4 p.m., ESPNU

Minnesota (19-16-9) vs. Boston College (21-11-8), 7:30 p.m., ESPN360.com

(tape delay on ESPNU, 1 a.m. on 3/30)

Sunday, March 30

Regional final, 4:30 p.m., ESPNU

Frozen Four

At Pepsi Center -- Denver

Thursday, April 10

East champion vs. West champion, 6 p.m. or 9 p.m., ESPN2

Midwest champion vs. Northeast champion, 6 p.m. or 9 p.m., ESPN2

Saturday, April 12

National championship, 7 p.m., ESPN

Regional breakdown

East Regional (Albany, N.Y.)

1. Michigan -- CCHA champion (No. 1 overall seed)

2. St. Cloud State -- at-large selection

3. Clarkson -- at-large selection

4. Niagara -- CHA champion

West Regional (Colorado Springs, Colo.)

1. New Hampshire -- at-large selection (No. 3 overall seed)

2. Colorado College -- at-large selection

3. Michigan State -- at-large selection

4. Notre Dame -- at-large selection

Midwest Regional (Madison, Wis.)

1. North Dakota -- at-large selection (No. 4 overall seed)

2. Denver -- WCHA champion

3. Wisconsin -- at-large selection

4. Princeton -- ECAC champion

Northeast Regional (Worcester, Mass.)

1. Miami, Ohio -- at-large selection (No. 2 overall seed)

2. Boston College -- Hockey East champion

3. Minnesota -- at-large selection

4. Air Force -- Atlantic Hockey champion

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Quackaddict9
will there be any games on other channels besides epsnu and I dont have that channel, and wont stay up late to watch it when I can just find scores online...

Not sure if the local Fox Channels will carry any of the games but I doubt it with the money ESPN payed for the TV rights.

I'll check to see if there will be any online streaming of games but even those links are pay site's now a days.

Originally Posted By: tjbassmaster
ya how does wisconsin get in and not mankato?

Computer does it.

Remember that the PairWise works by comparing teams against one another, one pair at a time (hence the name), in four statistical categories: the Ratings Percentage Index (RPI), record in head-to-head games, record against common opponents, and record against Teams Under Consideration (TUCs) — teams with an RPI rating of at least .500.

Badgers are in because.....I have no idea. Ranked lower than 'kato, laid and egg in the first round of the WCHA, maybe because the Kohl center is hosting? Who knows. Gophers have a legitimate chance in their bracket. Hope they can get enough rest.

First off I'm a Mavericks fan and MSU grad, so I'm a little biased. I'm trying to keep the language nice for the family audience. grin.gif

I understand that they want to keep the "integrity" of the system intact, but when the system is obviously wrong, it should be the committee's job to fix it. They should look at the computer formulas as a tool, not as absolute truth.

Nothing against Wisconsin (although they are about my least favorite team in the WCHA), but I hope they get pounded in their first game just to embarass the selection committee.

I feel a little better getting that off my chest. crazy.gif

I agree the Mavericks got hosed; they deserve to be there. Being a smaller program that does not usually make it to the NCAA's makes it hurt even worse. Unfortunately the committee is somewhat tied to the system they have in place. The WCHA had all of the toughest schedules in the league because they have to play each other.

I did enjoy seeing that SIX WCHA teams are in the tourney. They added at least one team to every regional so it is possible for a repeat of 2005.

What a disappointment for us Mav fans. Another kick in the pants after last weekend.

I am at a loss for words. I know it is all done by the computer, but it looks terrible that Wisky got in over them, especially with a losing record and the way they have played at the end of this year.

Doesn't really matter much, but I will bet that Bucky will get it handed to them by Denver. Even though the Badgers get home ice as a #3 seed.

One lucky bounce our way and we are in instead of the Goophers and then they are the ones complaining.

As it stands I will cheer for the Gophs. Hopefully Kangas can continue his run.

Yeah 6 WCHA teams is impressive but like most folks, I agree WI and MSU should've been switched. I think DU will take care of the Badgers in the first round anyways. The Gophers will have a tough time with Boston College but the way Kangas has been playing... who knows. As usual, I'll be cheering for SCSU. Maybe they can get themselves out of the first round this year. Even back when we had good teams with Hartigan, Arnason, DiCas, Motzko, Malone, & Meyer it was one and done so I'm not expecting much. Don't know much about Clarkson... we'll see come Friday. Michigan will be a tough regional even if they do win. Frozen Four predictions? I'll go with: B.C., UND, MU, & C.C.

Yea, there's not much we can do about it now. The Mavs should be pretty tough next year, so we'll just have to wait.

I just hope someone from the WCHA (except Wisconsin)wins the national title. I'll be pulling for the Gophers or St. Cloud.

Originally Posted By: Quackaddict9
from the sioux sports forums. For those who like watching the Sioux!

It was just announced that FSN will broadcast the Sioux game at 2:00 and the Gopher game at 6:30 on Saturday.

sweet! kind of hosed since we can't get espnu up here...