• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You know you're from a small town when...

Farley

The first time my wife to be visited my parents, the lady from the local rag called. Mom told the lady my wife to be's maiden name and where she was from. My wife asked, what was that about?

I told her that her name would be in next weeks paper and that she was a guest at my parents. She couldn't believe it.

Winger has a Post Office, 1 bar ,1 steakhouse bar, grain elevator, Ultima bank,1 gas station, New Holland dealer , 2 separate business’s that sell trucks & parts, Lynn’s auto and NO cry.gif CAFÉ. If you’re headed south on hwy 59 and you get to Bejou don’t blink or you’ll miss it! cry.gif\:\/

The people that want local news really have to work to get it.

Originally Posted By: dude Lake Tom
The first time my wife to be visited my parents, the lady from the local rag called. Mom told the lady my wife to be's maiden name and where she was from. My wife asked, what was that about?

I told her that her name would be in next weeks paper and that she was a guest at my parents. She couldn't believe it.

My mom grew up in Sisseton SD. Each year, 1 or 2 times we get up there to see the family.

I always have to sit down and read the local paper, to see who went to who's house for dinner, who's kid came in from out of state to visit.......

Originally Posted By: 1lkstage
-You've drank several beers from a bucket at "The Smallest Polka Town in the Nation".

-The cows get out, and your not sure if they our yours!

You talkin about Seaforth?? haha i used to live there and my dad was the manager at the elevator for a while. I was pretty young though to remember much

Double trouble, The one and only! Grew up 2 miles from there, graduated Wabasso in 87. I would assume you are some time after that. Probibly met your dad? In the 80's I hauled lots of grain there. Just I don't remember all the names.

Lonnie

Yeah i went to Wabasso for Kindergarten and 1st grade probably like 89-90 i think. all of my mom's side went to Wabasso you probably know some of them (Rohlik's)

Growing up in a small town we always reffered to the local law enforcement by their first names. Weather it was the city police, county deputy sheriff or the state patrol they were known by their first name and every one with earshot knew who you were talking about.

I have to admit all of these are true. Brings back memories of growing up. The part about the snooty town is not true, Decorah is still a snooty town. And the bit about the stop light? Our town has the only stop light in the county......

What about getting pulled over by the local police and they refer to "you" by your first name first name!! Or when your town has a prade, the whole town shuts down and watches!

Great stuff, Everything refers to the small town I grew up in. I promissed myself in highschool I couldn't wait to get out of such a small town and live in the big city, now I can't wait to go back to small town life.

Your class had a senior skip day party and had to invite the juniors and sophmores so that they could get enough people together to buy a keg.

You graduated 7th in your class of 6 people.

you knew everyone in your high school but not in your family.

You never skipped school cuz their was nothing else to do during the day.

There was always a teachers workshop on the friday before deer opener.

Your football coach was the gym, health, drivers ed, welding, and art teacher.

You attended all 12 grades in the same building.

Your team played in more than 2 David vs Goliath match ups,

and the Goliath teams were in class B

The alumni speaker for homecoming was asked to speak that to the school because he was free that day.