• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ax-Men

DTro

Caught it for the first time tonight (the second episode), and was a little let down. I couldn't get drawn in the the chosen crews like I did on Deadliest Catch. And one of the 4 big "drama moment" problems was a gas cap? You've got to dig a little deeper than that! I have not seen the first episode yet, and will probably watch the 3rd one, too, so I'll give it a little more time. It may change my mind yet.

The simplest things can sometimes cause the biggest problems though. I watched it last night, and although I wouldn't put it on par with Deadliest Catch, it does look like a pretty cool show. I will give it another episode or two to make my decision.

The show could have been more interesting. I wonder what full ride to college the one kid was supposed to get. It sure wasn't for acedemic achievement.

BTW has anyone seen the promo's for the tug boat show? Ohh that looks exciting. tired.gif

I like this show alot. I thought the second show anwsered alot of the questions I had from the first show. There was the gas cap problem but the other logging crew had their spool unwine inside the car which messed everything up. Those carriages/car are alot bigger than I thought. My dad use to log pulp wood back in the day. But that was just to make some extra money in the winter when growing up on the farm. I think they go a little to heavy on drama. And I think the loggers "act it" sometimes. But this is a good man show for the man cave! I like it better than Ice Road Truckers, which is a good show but not as dangerous as logging.

Here's another spin on it.

Most people here like Deadliest Catch. Also, most here fish, so pretty much everyone can "relate" to a bad day on Mille Lacs when the wind comes up, yada yada yada.

I'm not talking about we've been in those boats, just we can get a feel for what MAYBE it's like.

Whereas with Ax-Men, unless you're doing stuff with trees all the time, and can get a feel for the little things these guys are going through, maybe guys can't relate as much??

I spend most of the winter tromping around in brush cutting up dead oak trees.

I'm on flat land (for the most part, completely flat compared to those mountains) in minimal brush, usually.

I see the guys "the chokers" that have to not only fall the trees on those hills, but march around in all that underbrush.

The take the cable from the skyline, and march over those fallen trees and brush, and not just lollygag, but run around that stuff.

I have a sincere appreciation for what they do, because I realize how much it sucks just doing what I'm doing.

I like it. Living up here around loggers it is hard to identify with that kinda logging. So I guess it makes it more interesting. The editing realy makes it dramatic and the characters are real characters. Ijust do not get the competition thing. I didnt know loggers compete over who gets more loads out they just want to get the bid and cut it and get paid. And it shows on this show that the competion isnt there like on ice road and catch.

Yea, that would be scary. That one dude that just bought a company and has all the old gear is really getting shafted with break downs. Kinda feel bad for him, but you gotta know what you're getting into.

I saw some of the show last night. Typical toothless 'jacks who think the boss doesn't know anything.

I ran a skidder for a couple years after college. One of the bosses made you feel like a jake if you were stopping to pee.