• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I Bid Farewell to the Best Shop Forman I Ever Knew!!!

I would like to bid a farewell to the greatest shop Forman I have worked with. Her name is Mila. She has been with me since the start of my shop and has been with me more than I can say. She was the shop cat that controlled our lives. This cat did more than I can write about. From mouse control, to helping me threw some tough projects, she was their. This cat was the greatest. From the first meow in the morning, to the last meow when I shut off the lights, this cat made being out in the shop a great time.

Mila succumbed to a bad bout with bronchitis and influenza. I tried and spent all I could, but had to make the decision all of us end up making with our pets. I will pick her remains up tomorrow.

I have seen a couple of cats come and go over my life, but none had the impact of my Mila had. As I type, it is hard to hold back feelings I have for this cat. From when she would sit on the top shelf of my tool box and watch me wrench on cars, I never knew how much I would miss her. She was a great shop cat and everyone of my customers and friends knew her so well.

The Vet said it looked good yesterday, but things went for the worst. My Mila died today and it will be hard to replace her.

Here she is:

Z6OCxLnUhxsA8ECQ66+fm3VoSn6ocpaL0300.jpg

I keep telling my self she was just a cat.

I will also add, she was the most positive aspect when I would arrive home from a fishing trip. I think she could smell the fish.

I just felt a honor/memorial in her name was needed.

Thanks.

Josh (Shackbash)

Originally Posted By: shackbash
I keep telling my self she was just a cat.

You know Shack, I think that's just the "Man" think to say. A pet is a pet. I've had a few very cool cats in my day and they were just as important to me as the dogs I've had. They just do thinks on their terms.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of your friend. It's always hard to make that decision and it sounds like you tried all you could. I'm sure you'll miss her.

Good post for her.

Pets are more than just pets. They become our friends and family and our bonds with them prove just that. Although we try to justify our grief over the passing of a pet as something that shouldn't be painful it is far from the truth. Be assured that your family here grieves with you over your loss!!

Josh sorry to her about your loss of such a dear friend I only hope that you will find another that will come close to filling the shoes of Mila. As the owner of 4 cats I know how you become attached to there quirky personalities and come to expect certain things from them that might seem weird to other people but that is there personalities. I hope that things get a little easier with time. Take care

shackbash so sorry about your loss..

I too graded cat's down on the pet scale too until when my girlfriend at the time bought me a cat for depression as I was without my kid's for 6 mos., tough time, eventually I won custody and the ex moved out of state. Those 6 months without my kid's were the toughest of my life so Rosa picked up a flea bitten kitten for the apartment to keep me company. This cat's name is Corsica because I had an 88 that was charcoal gray in color like her.

Corsica is 17 1/2 years old right now, it has out lasted two other cats younger than her, Kiki whom was mauled by a pit bull that got loose down the street and Precious that died of some internal viral infection, this cat has been there to comfort 3 daughters and a son. It's seen my yellow lab Misty pass away and is best friends with our 1.5 year old dog Peanut. She's a bit slower and has been on Thyroid medication for almost two years now but there's no under estimating what she has give to our family. My wife and I will be married 15 years on 1 May 2008 and she's benn there for every anniversary and birthday and her pet friends passing. There is no difference a pet is a pet is a family member is a family member. You can't help but get attached. I hope you find comfort in fond memories of your loved one...

Thank you guys for all the kind words.

I will say I never liked cats all that much, but after the first year of owning and taking care of a cat, your idea’s and thought process changes about them. Basically Mila was rescued from a cruel and inhumane situation. Our family took her in, because we where her last hope and gave her 5 great years out in the country. I think I am saddened more so for my wife and kids. They took it pretty hard, but life goes on. I am very sure we will get another, because my shop would be over run by mice. Before Mila came around, I was trapping 2-3 mice a week and now I can not remember last mouse I have had to track/ trap.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss and I know how you feel. I had to put my cat to sleep when she was 17 years old. She would come when you called and didn't have an ornery streak in her. We would go on vaction for two weeks and leave the AC on and the basement door open. My sister-in-law would feed, water her and change her litter while we were gone. When we got home there wouldn't even be a knick knack out of place. I never got another cat because I figured I had already had the best.

I too I very sorry for your loss. I too have lost a dear friend and have 4 others. Still saddens me when I think about it. You may choose to share the following with your family.

I found it very true.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Mike

Shackbash...sorry to hear about Mila, I have lost a couple pets and I can appreciate what you are going through. People say they are just an animal, but after a while they become part of your family. Just ain't easy to say goodbye.

Sorry for your loss man. It doesn't matter what kind of animal it was, cat dog, pot-bellied pig, they all serve a purpose in our lives. On saturday, my daughter told me our dog is her favorite friend because he doesn't tell her secrets.

I hope the grief passes quickly. I love the photo.

Shack I'm sorry to here about the passing of Mila. I saw some of your jigs on another post. Did you paint those tiger stripe jigs yourself. Their awesome. Do you run a auto body shop?

Thank you for all the support!

With any passing of a pet, things get better the day after. I still miss Mila and I am feeling the effect of her gone, but things are coming around. This thread should show’s a person they should be appreciative of their pet, before they pass. Also it shows how F.M.er’s treat each other. You guys and gals are a great bunch. The best in the world. More than you will ever know.

I have my own auto repair shop, which has catered to Hot Rods and Muscle cars more so in the last year. I still do many other auto repairs and I did have a portable paint booth, which I did paint stuff and couple cars, but did not paint those jigs.

No, I do not paint my own jigs. They are from the Outdoor Pro store here on FM. You have Rick to thank for these greatly painted jigs. Take a look:

Click here to see those jigs.

Again, thank for all the kind comments

A big thanks.

Josh

Your foreman sounds like a great cat my wife and I saved from a shelter a while back. Brave cats that like people are hard to replace. When we were able we got a kitten to lighten the mood and even though our new cat Norm is not as brave he still helps. Best wishes for your family and good luck finding another helping hand in the shop.