• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bama

Big Dave2

35 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

We don't get many channels at the cabin, but this game was on. Now we have full blown Birmingham Bama relies that all they talk about is this...(wheres the puke moji).  We let them know we always cheer for the opposing team..:lol:

jealousy alabama saban.jpg

Meh, doesn't hold much interest for me no matter who plays.  Haven't watched a bowl game in years as they are all completely meaningless. 

Maybe if they get around to fixing the system I'd start watching.  Frankly I don't even know why 75% of the schools in the country bother fielding a football team when they have zero chance at contending for a title no matter how good they are. Personally I say scrap the entire bowl system and use the games and time to host a true playoff. 

18 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Anyone watching the game tonight?

I am more concerned about what kind of feast you are preparing while you root on your team. I could care less about the game. If I see its close I might watch the finish lol

1 minute ago, rundrave said:

I am more concerned about what kind of feast you are preparing while you root on your team. I could care less about the game. If I see its close I might watch the finish lol

Ha, You will be dissapointed in my feast because it is just going to be Pizza Corner frozen pizza and maybe some hot wings. Too tough to prepare a whole shin-dig on a Monday night.

6 minutes ago, nofishfisherman said:

Meh, doesn't hold much interest for me no matter who plays.  Haven't watched a bowl game in years as they are all completely meaningless. 

Maybe if they get around to fixing the system I'd start watching.  Frankly I don't even know why 75% of the schools in the country bother fielding a football team when they have zero chance at contending for a title no matter how good they are. Personally I say scrap the entire bowl system and use the games and time to host a true playoff. 

In your opinion, what would a "true" playoff look like in a league with 129 teams?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The two best teams aren't even in the playoff. So this is a playoff for the 3rd best team in the country.

The opinions of the playoff selection committee are no better than anyone else's.

In my opinion Ohio State and Wisconsin are both better than Alabama or Georgia.

If you disagree, well, that's your opinion.

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

The two best teams aren't even in the playoff. So this is a playoff for the 3rd best team in the country.

The opinions of the playoff selection committee are no better than anyone else's.

In my opinion Ohio State and Wisconsin are both better than Alabama or Georgia.

If you disagree, well, that's your opinion.

I'm assuming from past discussions on this subject that you are in favor of a playoff system as well, right? That gives more weight to head-to-head match ups vs. arbitrary rankings, correct? If so, Wisconsin was beaten by Ohio State who was beaten by Oklahoma who was beaten by Georgia. Sounds like the right team is in there to me.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I'm pretty sure both Georgia and Oklahoma were beaten by teams who were beaten by teams who were beaten by teams. And....

Let's not forget, Auburn beat both Alabama and Georgia. So using your forumula only Auburn should have made it...oh wait......Auburn was beat by LSU who was beat by Troy Ouch!!! :) 

Give us the Big 5 Conference Champions and 3 top at large conference Champions.

NOT 2 stinking SEC teams who were beat by Auburn because those making the opinionated decision have their own interests.

So I stand by Ohio State and Wisconsin as being better teams than Alabama or Georgia. The winner of this game is for no 3 Nationally as far as I'm concerned. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

I'm pretty sure both Georgia and Oklahoma were beaten by teams who were beaten by teams who were beaten by teams. And....

Let's not forget, Auburn beat both Alabama and Georgia. So using your forumula only Auburn should have made it...oh wait......Auburn was beat by LSU who was beat by Troy Ouch!!! :) 

Give us the Big 5 Conference Champions and 3 top at large conference Champions.

NOT 2 stinking SEC teams who were beat by Auburn because those making the opinionated decision have their own interests.

So I stand by Ohio State and Wisconsin as being better teams than Alabama or Georgia. The winner of this game is for no 3 Nationally as far as I'm concerned. 

You think the 2 best teams in the country are Ohio State and Wisconsin? No bias there, huh? At least you could have thrown in UCF to give your argument at least a shred of credibility. 

Do you think Clemson deserved to be there?