• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Updates

Was fishing Mille on NW and West side last night. Vineland bay had a layer of ice from what I saw heading up the road. Shabosh Kung was froze over except for a narrow passageway and the main bay area was frozen out to 30 yards or so. The NW side had some wind so it was still open

most Southwest minnesota lakes skined over a couple days ago and with low temps barely in the teens the last few and next couple days the ice will be thickening fast!

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Try Too Fish (edited 11-07-2003).]

I just went by coon lake in east bethel and there were 5 guys fishing tip ups! I checked the ice it was 1 - 1 1/2 inches but where these guys were it was 2 1/2 to 3 inches. Its rough ice that had piled up in the wind the other day. Watched them catch a few pike. I might try it tomorrow morning.

------------------
Shut up and fish!

Dutch Lake in Mound...

About 20 to 30 yards of ice shore out. Going to head down to the shore to see just how thick it is later.

I was going to go out on the boat this morning too. Quick change of plans after seeing the ice.

Took a drive around Park Rapids/Walker area. Smaller lakes are frozen over, but the larger lakes only have ice out a little ways. Twin Lakes by Menahga are pretty much iced over, and it looked like someone had walked out a ways. That is a good spot for early ice pike...maybe next weekend I'll get out there.

On the way back to Ely from deer hunting, saw two guys out on the middle of Ed Shave Lake, a smallish, sheltered lake right off the Echo Trail.

They were ice fishing! Yikes! And standing right next to each other. Double yikes!

Won't be long before SANE people will be joining them.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

Western MN ...Spicer Area... Lot of bays are froze over...most of the deeper lakes nothing... I was fishing on Green today and caught some eyes.. grin.gif

Nest was open...bay tight. Norway people fishing some of the bays skimmed over..

check out the Willmar ~ Spicer Posts

------------------
Brother Bro

Work Less Play More

I noticed what appreared to be ice on the St. Louis River everywhere except near the MidWest Energy coal docks

------------------
Stay dry and on the fly, if you find them they will bite..

Stay off the St.Louis for a while! Its real tricky. Always go with someone and dont assume because others are out there its safe. Unless you really know the river/current areas stay away for a while! Ill post when I find it to be as safe as I like it. Im usually 1 of the 1st out but on foot with a life vest and picks etc. Word is Black Bay on Rainy Lake has 4" of ice and they are catching fish. According to news station in Duluth.

LundExplorer:

I noticed you mentioned Elephant; the best man at my wedding used to fish there every winter. Would you care to give me some info on the ice fishing there?? You can email me @ [email protected] if you'd rather not discuss it here. I'd appreciate knowing if the lake is good for walleyes. I would consider a trip up there this winter if I think it's worth my time...

eyes317