• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Well it started good yesterday morning @ the beach with the boys then it slowed down to just about nothing.Im gald you finally made it out Ray even though we didnt catch much it was good company!I probably shouldnt say this on here but the boys really enjoyed your nuts.(mixed nuts ;\) )

Let me say one more thing ,We have a great group of guys here and it's a pleasure to fish with everyone!

Here's some pics

Jakes 1st walleye this year 18"

100_2074.jpg

100_2075.jpg

Joshs 1st walleye 20"

100_2078.jpg

100_2079.jpg

Joshs silver bass

100_2077.jpg

Nice beautiful smallie

100_2081.jpg

100_2080.jpg

My only fish of the morning

100_2083.jpg

100_2082.jpg

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took my daughter caitlyn out for an hour yesterday afternoon to Leb. gills were even bigger than the night before I caught 5 she caught 11 gills ang 2 lg mouths

Shes one happy camper and she keeps rubbing it in that she out fished me \:\)

caitlynsfish2.jpg

caitlynsfish.jpg

lebgill.jpg

3 of us fished Little O last night from 4pm-8pm with 10 tipups and caught 8 perch 9-12 1/4" and a few 15"-20" Pickerel

heres the 12 1/4" I caught

DSC02945.jpg

we went back this AM with 15 tipups fished 9am-Noon and caught 4 perch 9-12" 2 dink perch a half dozen pickerel 15-20" and a roughly 3lb Walleye. No fish marked on the fish finders

my buddies kids were happy

he pulled this one in all by himself

DSC02946.jpg

and the little guy got the biggest perch today

DSC029477.jpg

will be back out there trying a different spot for the evening perch bite \:\)

Gee Timmie . . .you talk . . .Nah no way man.

t_P1000338m_b5a53a2.jpg

I was afraid to let Cindy use the LX-5, based upon all the stories . . .but the Eagle was messing up and she was getting frustrated . . .so after she talked to her girlfriend for almot an hour and watched me pull several fish up, she whined enough that I sat her down with the Marcum and I did not get to use it the rest of the day. I coached her and left her alone. She ended up losing a few and then got the nack for setting the hook and convincing the fish to bite. She ended up with three nice fish around 11 inches. I on the other hand ended up like everyone else who let's their girlfriend use their Marcum . . . Oh, a lesson learned . . .don't forget to tell a newby to fishing that when you "hold a fish up for a picture" tell them to only hold the line or fish and not hold the rod 6 inches from the tip . . . I now have another sight fishing rod . .

Well guys our days are numbered now today after work I am going to hit chapman park to see about some perch I should be down there a little after 4pm.I don't know if any bodys up for some late afternoon fishing but I need some more therepy before ice out grin.gif.Thunder

got back out on the little O fished a different area with 3 guys and 15 tipups. Fished 4pm-7:30pm. Action was hot but for non targeted species. Flags were constantly popping (probably had over 60 flags)and at most times it was 3-6 at one time. We caught over 30 pickerel 12-20", 3 largemouth bass 12-14" and 4 perch a 7" (released), 9", 10" and 10 1/2". again the marcum wasn't marking much I jigged for about 15 minutes total and marked one fish and caught it (9"perch)

heres one of many little toothy bastards we dealt with

DSC02948.jpg

We are heading back out this AM to try yet another area. Was going to hit LC but reports have been very very disappointing.

Todd, I was going to head to C, but I could be convinced to go to the big O, can be there in the p-lot the same time or close. Last night was a good night for the ice. C had about a half inch - inch of water in spots and should be all solid today. From the reports, seems like the bite was tough, but I seemed to have found some cooperative fish of good size. Will call you after lunch.

Good reports guys... Just got the o.k. for taking Wednesday off to fish with Dark Cloud and I'll probably fish Chappy with Todd on Friday. Nice low temps last night should make everything like glass out there. Chapman had pretty good ice on it still from fishing it Saturday. Good luck aftter work Todd...

Franky - Looks like you and Jay will be picking up a VX-1 for your hunnies for next season.

Had a good time on Sat. even though I pretty much just sat on the ice and talked with Chris. It still beats sitting at home or doing laundry, etc. lol That reminds me... I got my replacement Legend rod. Now I just need to try it out. Busy today and maybe all day tomorrow too. If I can, I'll sneak out after deliveries but it doesn't look good until Wed. morning. I plan on getting out every day I can as of Wed. Anyone going out, let me know. I'm got to get as much in as I can! Up north is still real solid. As we loose it here we can always squeeeze in a trip. I'm up for a run if anyone knows spots to hit.

Well it stinks about the weather for Wednesday Jay. Your day off with decent weather is biting you hard again.

So far Saturday looks like a great day to fish..

Weather is a bit better on Friday where I will be scouting my tail off on the north shore in search of sumo perch.

Do you guys answer the phone when your searching for fish and not answer it when your on them? confused.gif Just wanted to be sure searching fish is o.k. to answer your phone... ;\)

Oh to heck with it I'll only answer it if it's home calling. \:D

It would be nice for all of us to finish the stretch run with a bang on Saturday. Tuzzy is licking his chops to get out Saturday so I will pick him up and will have breakfast at the Vienna Hotel at 6:30... That's the plan if I score some decent fish off the Northshore Friday.

Fished little O today from 9am-1pm with 20 tipups we caught 4 perch 9"-10" on tipups and marked one fish on the Macrcum and caught it

DSC02949.jpg

21-22" pickerel

we also had a few other flags and had 2 bigger fish on that got off

Looks like C is calling me for Tuesday

Just got off the big O with Franky we marked fish and caught some little perch.Franky had a decent perch out of the small ones that we did catch.It looks like a few crappy days ahead and then another cool down grin.gif.I don't know how much more I am searching for fish on big O unless some one calls me while they are sitting on a nice school of perch. crazy.gif

That's a good report Tank.. Talked to M & M and he didn't catch much until 5:30 p.m. marked quite a few fish, they were charging and rolling off. until 5:30 p.m. 31' was better than 32' off the north shore. Marked more fish as he got closer to the crack ended up with 9 total., 11" or better for 2 hours of work. Can't wait til Friday get's here...

Insurance Guy - Hey John good job on the lakers over the weekend and I tell you I am as shocked as you that the perch were not hitting on "The King" they usuallty act like a pack of vicious piranha \:D there... Good luck this weekend....

Todd good fishing with you. Not a very cooperative bunch of perch going through but at least it wasn't a total loss. I think the guys in closer definitely were into something. Looks like Sat - Monday is looking pretty good.

Hit the North Bay area and got into the perch. There was a good morning bite, but nothing between noon and 4:00. All fish came between 25 and 28 feet on grubs, nothing on minnows. I hit the shallows hard in the afternoon, but couldn't find them. Next time I'll moved deeper instead.

Aaron haven't heard anything shallower than 15' for the perch so far this year. I'm still betting on 28' outside any bay and if there's a pressure crack that's a bonus. Friday can't get here quick enough...

3 of us hit little O again today fished 8:30am-1:30pm with 15 tipups and caught some decent fish 1/2 doz keeper perch including a 12 1/2" and a 13" , roughly 3lb smallie and largie and a bunch of pickerel some nice ones 20-23" No fish marked or caught jigging.

Fished the same spot 3 guys and 2 kids for the evening bite 4-7:30pm and caught a bunch more pickerel up to 23", 2 largies 1-2lb range and 6 keeper perch 10-12" this time we had 25 tipups out. also missed one 10" perch jigging which then hit the tipup next to me and had the maggot in its mouth. caught 2 7"ish bluegills and no other fish were marked on the Marcum.

Sorry no pictures from todays outing.

Fished C today South of the high grounds fished from 8:30am-4:45pm and had my limit by 1:30 stayed with my fishing partner until he finished his off \:\) donated 9 keepers to his pile \:\)

all fish kept were 9"-12" also threw back 6 or 7 under 9"

First fish of the day a nice 10 1/2"ish male

DSC02950.jpg

heres the 12" male

DSC02954.jpg

still 6" of black and 3" of soft white ice will most likely need a plank after this rain tonight