• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Hit Oneida over the weekend. I brought a couple first timers out Sunday. Both days I did great with the perch. I’m starting to get some sumos together for a nice group wall mount. A buddy caught one 15.5! It went straight to the taxidermist.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fished the slay grounds again Monday evening and got 20 from9-11" in 2 hours of fishing \:\) also back to using the Marcum lol

was going to hit up the slay grounds on Sunday but had a flat tire.

ther biggest one of the evening around 11" maybe a wee bit more

DSC02857.jpg

Originally Posted By: HardWaterChef
Nice fish King...I am still waiting for the reciprical invite!!!

How many days on the ice so far mad man...you give it all you got!

66 days total

420 hours spend fishing

roughly 2,345 fish caught

trying to decide where to go tommorow. i can only get out for an hour again \:\(

I am free all next week as of right now. To busy to make plans you gotta call me \:\) I fish regardless if anyone is going with me or not

Thunder - yep I got some macro picts for ya. The afternoon started off real slow. Never fished this lake before, Tank used to fish it 20+ years ago. Kept poking a new hole every 10-15 min and after a few caught a nice 12 inch rainbow. Pulled a "Rogers" while taking a pict and the bow got a second chance after doing a triple lindy right down the hole. Kept poking around till almost 5 and popped an 11in perch then got a half dozen crapies. Nailed a perch and a few more crappies in the next hole. Then a pig of a 13.5 perch. Things got quiet at dark, only picked a few more crappies then around 7 hooked something real nice. After a lengthy battle iced my personal best perch 14.75 on the nose! grin.gif

Shakey "timmy" picture is all I got of the trout, lol...

p2280476tg0.jpg

Working the new jig in the "frankie" pattern...

p2280478fs9.jpg

First big perch. Timmy take your eye off the fish and the jig and notice the rod placement. They dont fall down the hole when you put em there, lol. Yes the hat is ugly but its warm and it was darn cold out there...

p2280479zn1.jpg

NiteBite Perch???

p2280483ng1.jpg

p2280492oy9.jpg

p2280496ys7.jpg

Looking for a crappie that big tomorrow...

I fished with the Kirkster tonight at yellow tape! The bite was off. We managed abot 30 Callies between us. Ma crazy.gifrked about 100 that flipped us off. The dragging was splendid...NOT!!! Got a few Bull 'Gills and did I mention it was -2 degrees. I love it...makes you know how very much we are alive cry.gif

See ya...by the way...what was Franky on in his last post on Silver TA crazy.gif

Posted at the same time...NICE FISH Jay...WTG!!!

Hey guys...word around the campfire is that Skinny is froze out past the Country Club. If it stays cold and moderate wind...I am going to be catching 15 plus inch Perch this Sunday.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have been waiting for 3 years for it to freeze again...you boys want to see some SUMO Perch...come with!!!!

Nice pics DC that perch is a HOG good to see you got out to get a little R/R good luck today.

Chef, I take it pulling the trap was spectaculiar and it doesn't surprise me that the bite was off.Time to leave that spot alone till ice out ;).That is good news about the skin how much ice is on it?

OH Chef, Do I have stories of skinny. All I can say is have any of you ever caught over 300 perch (alone) in one day? Boy those were some fun days. LOL grin.gif They are long but not fat perch, they look like walleyes but green, yellow and black.

Where's everyone heading this weekend? I'll be on the ice real early checking 2 spots that should be holding fish any time soon. Chef, I have your cell# so if I start to get into them I'll give you a call with location.

Jay need you number buddy so I can do the same with you.

Thanks Lee...I will be waiting for your call!

Hope to get on the ice with you and Ant before the season is up!!!

Skinny Perch go unparalleled...I will even put some of those fish up against Seneca's famed Perch...no joke whistle.gif

BTW Lee...I have had those days, but I left with my 50 and all others C&R...LOL

DC,

That's a big'un!! Thanks for posting! Got a small pond at a friend's house I'm hoping to test out this weekend but no solid plans. I'm bouncing off the walls, who's headed where and when? I'm free as can be these days! Call if you want company.

Chef and I are heading for tuscarora for the derby tom. am making up some grub to bring along anyone feel free to stop out.

Fullmoon- We gotta get together and fish ,also I need to get the LX3 back to you,its starting to think it lives here ;\)

Back from a day and a half down the camp. Billy, Tank, and I went down yesterday morning, after unloading our stuff hit a lake at around 930. Crappies were there and hitting, just had to poke around or wait em out. Most were 10-11 inchers but Tank wacked one 13! Left the lake at 2 to go meet up with the guys and tip a few and do a big fish fry. The fish were getting active then and it would have been an awesome afternoon bite.

Billy and I left today after breakfast and Tank was taking a few of the guys up the lake...

First one...

p2290504xd2.jpg

Macro close up of an old fav jig that has a place in the tool box...

p2290501be7.jpg

The YBD-plastic-meat combo...

p2290502rm4.jpg

Caught these two while making a lunch snack - kielbasi!

p2290507sj1.jpg

Tank!

p2290512xm9.jpg

Nice pics DC it wasn't a good day for me fished about 3 1/2 hrs and caught some dink perch.The snow was about 10 to 12 inches deep I did some bulldozeing for about 500 yds and that was enough for me crazy.gif.Tommorows another day maybe it will be better.

Went and did some puddle jumping on a few of the small lakes with the Chef today and caught some nice gills and a few crappies.I had to try out the macro setting on the camera it worked well they come out allot clearer.There is allot of slush under the snow out there every where we went but had a good day.We missed you out there Timmy I hope you are feeling better bud.

picture013ep4.jpg

picture014dq8.jpg

picture015lu6.jpg

picture016ve3.jpg

picture017mz1.jpg

picture018hf8.jpg

picture019np7.jpg

picture020br9.jpg

picture021km8.jpg

picture023gz8.jpg

Awesome pics everyone, makes me not miss the ice so much. Too much snow for me this weekend, so I stayed home and made jigs. DC, got something for ya. Email me sizes and quantities.