• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Jay let me know... Probably gonna hit Oneida off the north shore where Z and I fished a couple years back late ice. Keeping an eye on the wind it's gonne be cold in the morning with 2-4" of snow predicted. I gotta be home by 4:30 p.m. anyways Rosa's Dad's 73rd b-day party.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to CNY Bruce today he's doing great invited him on the crappie run but he doesn't know if his truck will be out of the shop in time. He's fishing Oneida this afternoon for an equipment check, first time out for him this year, aww the steelhead started to slow down finally. Talked to Tank briefly he sounds like [PoorWordUsage]. Get well soon Tank.

Finally starting to feel a little better. I'll have the rest of my gear back tomorrow and with luck, go to go for Sat. and/or Sun. If anyone is heading out, let me know, I'm going bonkers sitting around waiting to be healthy! I'm up for anyplace, so if everyone has plans, I'll just head out to play with the LX5 someplace. I only gotten out the one time before I got sick. D & Tank, take it real easy and shake that bug! There's a lot of nasty stuff going around. Hope you're feeling better soon!

I've been reading the posts and looking at the pictures and going nuts! I'm heading out this weekend for sure.

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
Going off of either App's or Coleman's tomorrow waiting for a call from Z. Saturday night fishing with Tuzzy and Todd.. Good luck tonight Chris...

Tim called last night and said his plans have changed and they are going to C instead of the big O Good luck guys.

Fullmoon and Thunderman, shoot me a PM on IS or let me know if you're heading to O this weekend. I'd like to try and squeeze in a trip Saturday afternoon. Maybe from 2:00 till dark. Then I'm heading out again Sunday morning with a couple beginners.

I'm up for anyplace. I'm not experienced on O so I only go with someone who is. Felt good yesterday, felt crummy today feel better now. Can't figure this bug out. I'm going out this weekend just the same unless I'm really ill. If I hear from anyone about O I'll let you know. Other than that, I'm just hoping to hook up rather than go alone.

Talked to Tim about an hour ago they were in the single digits on the perch at C.

Otis,Lee and Ray I am hitting O tomorrow in the morning I am going to give it a half day unless I get into fish good.Sunday I am open for sugestions maybe O again depends on what it brings tomorrow confused.gif.

About 4 inches of snow here today, roads were sloppy. Stayed close and just went up the neighbors to give Beth some lessons. She did very well...

p2220465ga1.jpg

This one was 9.75 and she did it with no coaching...

p2220469kw8.jpg

Tested up some new jigs I just painted...

Heres the "frankie" pattern mini football...

p2220464lb1.jpg

And a PW Rocker...

p2220470za0.jpg

Fished the same lake Timmy was fishing but at different spot fish the night bite for 1 hour and 15 mins. 2 of us ended up catching 15 keeper from 9-11" so not a bad evening spent on the ole slay grounds \:\)

also decided to rock out the old POS vex and wow i am so glad I have my marcum the vex users really don't know what they are missing

DSC02847.jpg

DSC02851.jpg

Fished from 2:30-8:00 on chefs lake night bite was excellent!Ton of gills and craps decent amount in the 11-12" range I did alot of sight fishing in 8 fow seen a mammoth crappie missed my plastice then wouldnt hit again.

Fished brad brk in the AM 6 perch and umpteen bass, was supposed to be a Pike trip but nothing.

Sleeping in tom.AM then im going to take my daughter out for gills

You guys are killing me with the macro setting grin.gif Ray and Tank hope you guys feel better soon. Yep the fishing off hyder creek in 34' was very slow today, caught about 20 perch with only 7 in the keeper range. Chris got in to em after we left at 3 p.m., it figures he ended bring home a limit, when we left him he was in single digits. Rob had a few in the pail as well and was eeing more fish late off LC. Beth needs to find another coat Jay, white is gonna get awfully dirty whe your slinging slobs like that. Good Job Beth. Here are some pics from the trip there was a bout a 1/2 hour in the day that we fished where the fish weren't finicky.

Z left and Chris right... Z is checking out Chris's new VX-1

1001071wj3.jpg

Z's 02' 660 Grizzly

1001072fs1.jpg

Shot off the creek.

1001073af9.jpg

Chris scores this nice slob around 10 a.m.

1001074mh5.jpg

Caught quite a few this size...

1001075ro2.jpg

Another one...

1001076cp7.jpg

One of the 4 pigs I caught... Dark Cloud custom in the background.

1001077di9.jpg

I fished Honeoye Lake solo today from 11am to 3pm. It was the first time off a new private access near California Ranch........I got a late start because of an unscheduled family commitment.

Any way, the home owner's access is excellent, as it is easy walk too and from the ice.

I was in search of the deep basin perch, so I ventured over to the eastern side.....got to a spot and immediately caught a nice 12" perch.....soon after that I got another just shy of that. After that, it was slow!! I ended up with 6 keepers over 10" with about 20 throwbacks under 9"

I ended up filleted the 6 keeper perch for the homeowner, and she was very much appreciative.

A gold YBD and Maki was what the biggun's wanted today...

1008226af5.jpg

1008227it2.jpg

Good job guys and gals grin.gif.BJI CONGRATS on the new born nice to see another fisherman brought in to the world :).Im glad to see you got to do a little fishing.

Jay it looks like Beth is getting the hang of it she has a good Coach ;).I can't wait to see those new jigs they look great and by the pics they work great also.The banana jig would look good in a 3...... you know what jig Im talking about its the one timmy drools over grin.gif.I will have to order me some of those I have a few patterns I would like to try painting nice job on the jigs jay.

Tim, I will talk to you some time to confirm plans for this evening I hope Tuzzy is feeling better.Getting ready to make the haul out on the big O, hopefully seeing how this is my 5th time out there will be some fish to be had the camera didn't go the other times its going today.Good luck to every one today FISH ON.

So much for the big O men lake I had three fish on and lost them all my other buddy's had 7 perch between the two of them.Unfortunately I won't be hitting that lake for a while I am going to stick to smaller waters you can;t beat catching panfish grin.gif.

Congrats Big Johnny Ice on the baby as well, wonderful perch pics there.

Well we didn't do very well for the night bite on the crappie spot. We didn't see or catch many, they just weren't there. The ones we did mark wanted the jig dead still you moved it more than a light quiver and they would slink down and away. Z did pretty good on Morraine and was in double digits on the big side, way to go Z!

Here's some pics from the trip... Caught a grass rat and lost a grassrat later on and a pink Loner jig, Aarrgghh. cry.gif Had one crappie and lost him at the hole a couple of gills and a bullhead. It was nice night out and we had fun.

Talked to Jay a couple of times at work tonight, they were pretty busy and the steak house. Good luck tomorrow guys...

Todd with a nice hybrid..

1001078xi0.jpg

Pretty hybrid

1001079tk6.jpg

Todd one of two nice ones he caught..

1001080yh0.jpg

Where are we fishing tomorrow guys? whistle.gif I'm thinking of hitting the...... LOL spot where I took Anthony for his first fish. I have buddies who are fishing Oneida and just killing the perch but not consistent, one day they hammer them in the morning the next it's the evening then the next it lots of lookers but no takers. They are on a big school of perch but they are really moody for them, I do love catching the Oneida perch but I'm in the mood for big gills and crappies. I have another buddy who's found a pile of walleyes and is catching 30-50 of them in no time at all and all on metal and plastics (no live bait) and he's all by himself without a person within 2 miles. He had 30 minutes to fish today so he took off on his sled with rod, auger, flasher and lures and caught 7 eye's in 20 minutes and had to get back home (lives on lake) to watch the kids.

Here's some of what I caught today, it took me from noon till 4pm today to find the fish and I wasn't targeting perch but found them in 8' of clear water and they just hammered it and I got to site fish them. Oh yea, They came from that place I've been talking about for year Tim.

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Fished Morraine did real well caught 18 nice keeper bluegill and 15 crappies. Had an incident on the phone while talking to Z when while resting Dark Cloud's Custom Special/Tica combo on my leg I looked down to see where I dropped the jig and leaned over just a bit and there went my beloved sabre, tip first down the middle of the hole, oh schnit.. It looked like a sunk a Christmas tree as I watched her quick sink to the bottom of the MarCum... Got my heavier rod out and got lucky with about my 3rd rap and pound in 12' of water I caught the rod tip? and got her back up.... Want to talk about a sigh of relief.. Anyway good fishing with you Todd and it was nice seeing Tim Terry again and Z...