• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota's Scenic North Shore

One of my favorite places to visit. I was invited along with a fellow friend photog this past spring and was basically treated to a guided tour to many of the North Shore's scenic hot spots. here are a few images from that trip back in May.

Shovel Point at Tettegouche State Park. We timed this right with the great morning light and semi cloud cover! These colors in the sky lasted only minutes and changed fast.

85297776.jpg

84342101.jpg

This one needs to be cropped to a pano, too much dead space at the top and bottom, but I like the colors.

85299618.jpg

Split Rock Lighthouse. Same weekend as the pics from above, another absolutely beautiful morning, although one of our guys slammed into a deer on the way down from Schroeder. shocked.gif

85336803.jpg

Some dead space on the bottom of this one as well... needs to be cropped off. I liked the addition of the rocks.

85313633.jpg

The sun blasting behind, cropped to a pano.

85339438.jpg

I walked over around a bit to try and find a location that I hadn't seen photographed a million times and came away with this shot.

85309300.jpg

78414548.jpg

Gotta add the anchor point right?

78365658.jpg

Caribou Falls ... my tripod was in the water as were my feet... ICE WATER was bone chilling and painful! WAAAA

85304775.jpg

78433188.jpg

Taken over at High Falls in Tettogouche.

85302351.jpg

Last but not least...a reflecting pool near the stream.

85336595.jpg

Thats all for now.

First off, thanks for looking and commenting, I always appreciate any feedback... I'll also take any CC I can get as it only helps us improve. (open invitation) grin.gif

WCS, here is a copy and paste job from another post in regards to your question. I took the Cougar shots you see on my pbase site at the Minnesota Wildlife Connection in Sandstone, I've made three trips there in the past year and find it to be a valuable resource for getting images otherwise very difficult to obtain. They are captive animals that are transported to free roaming (non caged in) area's. They have "handlers" to keep an eye on the animals. Toot my lucky horn time ... I actually got the September cover shot with the US Fish & Wildlife services endangered species bulletin... a link can be found on my site at the bottom portion of the page... I'd post it here, but don't know if I can or not? Steve? grin.gif Anyways, I've been very active out and about and have tried my best to have a wide range of shots, I have a few out of state trips planned in the coming months as well, so I'll be sure and post pics from those as well. smile.gif

Buzzsaw,

Great photos! I know everyone has said it already but I thought it could be said again. I'm glad there's yet another person posting great photos here to get inspiration from.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks, Mike! I see you dialed in some HTML and CSS code on your Pbase site... I like the scrolling photo's on the first page. I just starting messing around with code to spruce things up, it's kinda challenging. wink.gif

Quote:

... I actually got the September cover shot with the US Fish & Wildlife services endangered species bulletin... a link can be found on my site at the bottom portion of the page...

That is a fantastic cover! Congrats!

I've heard a few people talk about the MWC and would love to go there. Would a 70-200mm lens on a 1.6x crop be OK or would you recommend longer?

Cheryl