• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reaction to Garnett trade

Scott M

Obviously I'm not too happy KG's gone. One look at Bill Simmons' ESPN article explains it. The title of said article? "McHale adds another notch to his Celtics legacy" He basically said that in the last two years we traded our whole team for theirs for a bunch of dump players and a draft pick that we threw in once already.

I really like Jefferson, but how is the guy supposed to succeed in a loaded Conference and Division full of PFs? And replace a once in a lifetime guy like Garnett? Good luck. It's Troy Williamson all over again.

I'm not a fan of seeing him go. If McHale wouldn't have screwed up this team we wouldn't be talking rebuilding. The only team he knows how to trade with is Boston. He should have gone before KG. If he would have done his job and not given away all the picks we would have had a team around KG. Just sucks, no reason for me to go to games this year.

Quote:

We're getting rid of the wrong Kevin.
mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I would have to Agree, yet disagree. McHale is a IDOT. KG is a player that is not going to win a title in BOSTON. Just is not going to happen. Fact of the matter is, that he had the mind set that he was not getting anywhere.

T_WOLVES pushed him around and didnt get chit taken care off. It was a horrible deal. They beat around the bush. PUT A TEAM TOGETHER

Quote:

Quote:

KG is a player that is not going to win a title in BOSTON.

He'll have a better chance there than here. Boston signed Ray Allen and still have Paul Pierce.

I agree. On top of that he's in the East now which is a little easier. It will still be tough but I think with those three they will be in the top five teams. I'll be watching him. I might watch a few wolves games but probably won't go to any this year. But I'll for sure watch when boston's on just to see KG.

Let's face it. We were not going to go very far with KG and his huge salary. We needed some new blood, and unfortunately KG had the oldest blood and it was his time, it's too bad we can't send McHale along with him. I'm sure he feels refreshed by joining a new team and sort of starting over. Sounds like we get 2 first round draft picks in the deal, one of them back from the Wally/Rick Davis trade.

Yep, sucks he's gone but it was time for him and his huge salary to leave. Now the Wolves will have lots of money down the road to bring in players. Thats what hurt the Wolves was he was making way too much money so they were very limited on signing players.

Should be a win win for everyone. KG goes somewhere for a new start while he still has some legs left. Wolves free up salary, add some new young players and shake the roster up. Hudson is bought out so we can say goodbye to that bad penny. We might not win 40 this year but we should have an improved team two years from now between draft picks and free money for trades. KG is not gone, he is just wearing green!

If you saw the press conference, you saw KG with a smile like he USED to have years ago with the Wolves. I haven't seen him look that happy in a long time. He even showed a bit of the sense of humor that we used to see in his younger days...great to see. No matter what you think of the trade, I say good for KG. He seems to be happy with the move.

The Wolves need to start over and that's definitely what they're doing. They do have some decent young talent. So hopefully we can get rid of McHale soon and start to build around the talent we have.

Aaron

I would have rather seen the Suns deal or the Boston deal that was offered on draft day but, I agree with most, we needed to change it up and maybe this Jefferson kid will turn into a real deal. I also agree, the other Kevin has to go!!!!!!!

i like this trade for both teams. it was time for kg to move on, and they really got alot for him. wether all these new guys stay or become trade bait for some one else. and 2 first round picks. they should have a good young nucleus for a few years and while the west is stacked, they are also getting older(except utah).

i grew up a bird fan, so i like to see the celtics return to relivance in the nba. wow, what a team! i don't even know who the other two guys will be, but allen/ticket/pierce is a lineup that will give every team nightmares

I was listening to KFAN yesterday and some guy called in who was all but in tears. He's selling every article of Wolves stuff he has except the Garnett jersey.

After three days of distraction on this whole affair, I wondered how many Americans were killed in Iraq yesterday? I have no idea because I was too wrapped up in the trade. It's entertainment. Professional athletics is nothing more than a distraction for people away from their day to day grind called life. Time to move on folks. He going to make around $100 MILLION over the next 5 years to play basketball. I make $40,000 a year an am wondering how I'll cover my 19% health insurance increase. He will make more in 6 games than most people will make in their lifetime. Good for him. There's someone out there dumb enough to pay him.

Sorry about the rant.

Exactly...watch the game...if the Wolves stink, change the channel, if they have a good game watch the whole thing, have a beverage and when it's over cheer or cry, but move on to the next thing in life....I would rather the home teams have good records, but it is entertainment. That is all it is and creates good rant on the FAN or the FM board.