• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grand Superior Lodge photo showing

Well, with great thanks to shiner2367 and Cheffrey, who helped make this all happen, Mrs. Catfish and I finished hanging a sampling of my framed, matted and signed nature images at Grand Superior Lodge this afternoon. For those who don't know, GSL is right on the shore of Lake Superior about 10 miles up the shore from Two Harbors.

Shiner is the food and beverages manager there, and Cheffrey the coporate chef for the company that owns GSL, and it was their idea to offer me the chance to hang my art at GSL.

I'm the only nature photographer displaying art there. As well as 16 framed, matted images running from 8x10 to 18x24 displayed in the lounge, restaurant and other public areas of this upscale resort/lodge, I've got matted/mounted/bagged images ready for framing for sale in the gift store.

The showing, which will be permanent, already is a success. Five of my images sold before we were even done hanging the show, so now I've got more work to do to keep the inventory up.

Thanks again, shiner and Cheffrey. grin.gif

Quote:

Five of my images sold before we were even done hanging the show, so now I've got more work to do to keep the inventory up.

Holy cow Steve, that is great! That is exactly what I was hoping for. I'll shoot you an email tomorrow to get more details. I left a little early due to the inlaws bein in town, but what was hung before I left was amazing. If anyone is heading up the shore be sure to stop in and see Steve's work, you will not be disappointed.

Steve, which ones sold?

Congratulations Steve! Glad to hear that all the hard work is reaping additional benefits. I'll have to swing up there some time soon and check it out.

Wow Steve, what a start. You must not be charging enough. grin.gif That has got to be a great feeling. Me and the woman will be vacationing just north of Duluth next month, so we'll be sure to check them out, if there are any left to look at. wink.gif Congratulations.

I gotta get on the congrats bandwagon. Sounds like a great opertunity for Steve and the Lodge. Here's wishing for continued success. And thanks for sharing your works of art on this site. cool.gif I, for one, am learning that it will take a lot of experience, and sacrifice (not to mention natural ability) to produce images of such artistic and technical quality.

Congrats on the success that you have had. Hopefully you will be able to keep hanging them up, as I want to see some work, when I get up there this coming January for my 6th wedding anniversary....My wife and I love it up there at GSL.