• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo sharing...Panfish

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup crestliner.

Imagine reeling in a bull,popping a jig loose making a cast and rearing immeadiatly.

Same thing on the crappies almost.

I'm in Palisade & our lakes are really turning on.

Not bait needed so you just reared & reared.

Check out this video.

I wanted to put something together before I switch to doing the same thing on eyes.

Before I do I'll reiterate.What a blast we had yesterday.

My main sunny lake is just about to pop.

Earlier in the day we saw thousands of gills sunning themselves.

They are even bigger in this lake.I'll be hitting them very soon .

Here's the vid!

th_11492e0e.jpg

we had a very good time with keith. We let a lot of the bigger gills go and kept the 8"ers. Crappies didn't want to work with us that well yesterday but they're there. I would suggest anyone looking to get away from the crowds of walleye fisherman to give Keith a call.

GO MEAT!!!! grin.gif

Quote:

we had a very good time with keith. We let a lot of the bigger gills go and kept the 8"ers. Crappies didn't want to work with us that well yesterday but they're there. I would suggest anyone looking to get away from the crowds of walleye fisherman to give Keith a call.

Well tonight was totally opposite.

We smashed the crappies with very few gills.

Then again we left the waxies at the bait shop.
wink.gif

This lake is close to Jenkins.

Here is the report from tonight.

Got out at 6 but we still boated 100 fish.

We talked to some others that just came out & they said they could not find any.

We set anchors & pounded them immeadiatly.

I guess they had minnows.

We caught 8 bass.

MallardMarcfishinpics-69.jpg

We had great weather with temps in the 80's which is really bringing in the fish.

I released several big females or lost them at the boat.It was no biggy as they were going back anyway.

Dude always asks "you eatin?"

Not today dude was my reply ,me neither he says.

MallardMarcfishinpics-68.jpg

MallardMarcfishinpics-67.jpg

I'm thinking I caught 15 fish in a row before I had to reel back without a fish.rick was on the same kind of tear.

We kept laughing as they were smashing T.H.E. Jig.

MallardMarcfishinpics-64.jpg

I lost 2 & he lost 1 jig to big bass.

MallardMarcfishinpics-63.jpg

I'm not kidding when I say we had enough & although we had a shorter trip I felt like I had a great night.

Mother nature put on a show for us on the way home with around 40 deer along the road & 1 big skunk.

She also gave us this.

See ya later catchers.I'm bushed.

MallardMarcfishinpics-66.jpg

GO MEAT!!!!
grin.gif

We are vegetarians tongue.gifwink.gifNothing but hair & a HOOK!!!!!!! laugh.gif

These fish didn't grow to the size they did and the numbers the have by people gang fishing them everyday of the week with every single person they know.

These lakes Keith is getting these nice fish from are small, fragile bodies of water.

I have fished both of them and seen first hand the quality in size and numbers they produce.

Congrats on some beautiful catches guys! It truly is a blast to get into fish like that!

But please, I urge, C&R these fish for the future angling opportunity.

I think now would be a good time to touch base on proper fish handling techniques for C & R. Just a friendly reminder to all.

Do not bend the lower jaw of the fish to prop the fish into a horizontal position without supporting the weight with your other hand. By using jaws as levers to rotate hanging bass away from vertical to a "more natural" horizontal position with one hand; many are unnecessarily straining jaw tissues. Tissue damage occurs long before bones break. Strain occurs anytime the jaw is distorted beyond the full-open position naturally used by bass/crappie. We don't need to carelessly give every fish released a "jaw ache."

why???? these are panfish.....i can see with a big bass that you would want to support them but then again all the bass pros do it wrong then!!! let's just keep this forum for photos.......either way keep the pics coming......

Got out for a few hours yesterday and was fortunate enough to get good numbers. Most were bigger than these but, I thought the colors were good on these, which is often the case with smaller fish.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/elbote72/photo/294928804375731620/0

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/elbote72/photo/294928804375763360/1

I got out for a couple of hours of rearing on some bulls and slabs, you had to use a big plastic, regular panfish sized baits would get sluped up insantly by the hordes of tiny green sunnies in there!

GOTEM.jpg

NICESLAB.jpg

NICESUNFISH.jpg

You all have great fish pics. I never reveiwed this thread before and I just reveiwed from start to finish. Got a little hairy for awhile. Keep them coming. I thought the hunting dog area was aggresive. The pan fish area put's it to shame grin.gif.

Matt,

Good to see that you are either finally making it out or just finally catching photo worthy pannies! wink.gif

A little late in getting these posted, but better late than never.

East metro slab...

001.jpg

Iowa bull...

002.jpg