• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If you could get another dog but.......

Snag

Try a Draathar! I've got two twelve year old Brget its, and may another one some day, but I love exploring and researching different options. The Draathars sound like such machines! Pointing lab would be a good choice too.

I think I would just get a cat......Probably a red setter, or maybe an English Pointer. I will own a lab in my lifetime, but I want one strictly for fishing purposes. I want one like the dog in Funny Farm that's darn near dead. He doensn't move when his tail is on fire. cool.gif

Currently have a GSP.

I think I would want something like a German Wirehaired Pointer.

But then part of me would like to get something really different. Something that you dont see alot of, like a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon or a Spinone would cool to have too.

Currently have a DD - best dog I've ever had in terms of temperament and hunting ability.

If I had to switch...probably a Llewellin Setter. Dang they're perty. grin.gif Otherwise, I'd like Jack Russel for around the house.

I am a lab guy, but I would consider a field bred springer, field bred cocker, or try something really radical like one of the wired hair breeds that have already been mentioned. I like golden retrievers, but that isn't exactly reaching to far beyond a lab.

Had one German Shorthair for my 1st attempt at a hunting dog... then labs since the mid-eighties and now starting this Saturday, I will have a new breed to go along with my Labs... a field bred American Cocker. I fly out Satuday morning to Pennsylvania to watch the parents hunt and pick up the pup... sure gonna seem wierd watching a different breed work in front of me! I'll post pics next week.

Good Luck!

Ken

Naw, I still have my Labs... besides, my wife is laying claim to this dog already! I'm going to have to keep a close eye on those two!!! Besides, who of you would take me seriously if I changed my name to Cockers4Me? blush.gifgrin.gif hehehe ....

maybe JoeCocker? 'feel alright... not feeling to good myself'....

Good Luck!

Ken

I have a Chocolate and Yellow Lab now, I would probably get a Black Lab.

I read this somewhere once.

Never ask a man what kind of dog he has, if he has a Lab he will tell you and be proud of it. If he does not have a Lab you wouldn't want to shame him by having him admit to owning something else.

Quote:

... I read this somewhere once.

Never ask a man what kind of dog he has, if he has a Lab he will tell you and be proud of it. If he does not have a Lab you wouldn't want to shame him by having him admit to owning something else.

That was pretty good. I have two black labs. Can't imagine having any other kind of hunting dog.

I think I would have to get a bassett hound and name him Flash. grin.gif