• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

poor poor hondas

Kodiak

wow,,all i have to say is GET some lockers on them hondas all my buddies are always giving me flak about how good their hondas are until this weekend when i was pulling them all out because of the honda 3wd system. Is there a way you can get lockers on the hondas, they should sell em that way. no rock crawling, heavy mudding, water riding, log climbing, they are great around the farm but for the riding we do they just dont hold up.

Oh boy, here's a trolling thread if I haven't seen one. lol

I can't disagree with you more. grin.gif Here's proof in the pudding. January 1, 2006. Gissert stuck, maybe a dozen times...Honda...zero.

Honda_vs_Polaris.jpg

Tires were the key that day, as my Honda has some swampers. Both hauling the exact same loads in the same snow conditions. This was not the only time I've pulled others out, and I know of once I did need assistance. smirk.gif

I will say, IMO, the tires on some machines out of the box are pretty weak.

My cousin put lockers on his foreman... but its locked in all the time now and tough to steer. Pretty much ruined the trail riding comfort.

Nothing worse than a dead tire

Quote:

Quote:

Pretty much ruined the trail riding comfort.

But, ah, hate to say it......Honda's never had any ride comfort wink.gif

yep.. that was a big factor in getting a Yamaha... comfortable and lockers!

Quote:

But, ah, hate to say it......Honda's never had any ride comfort
wink.gif

There you go again Dave.....but others disagree!

Dont make me come and tow you again!

ATV Magazine TV said this about the Rincon.....

We didn’t expect the Rincon to deliver what could be the smoothest ride available, but it does. It starts up front. Honda engineers developed the quad’s front end for easy steering and a bump-smoothing ride. There is no bump steer. We found no worrisome body roll, but a slight tendency for the quad to push through high-speed corners. The dual A-arm back side adds a great deal to the luxury of this trail cruiser.

Off-Road Magazine said this about the Rincon....

So how does it ride?

The Honda Rincon rides like a Cadillac. It has an unbelievably smooth ride. The Rincon soaks up the terrain so well that you can sit back and enjoy the ride where you would have to take a more aggressive stand-up approach on other ATV's.

you got me wrong, i am not trolling at all, i just think this is a very weak part of the honda atv. I dont care about snow riding, i dont care if you have 6wd, if your up to your skids in snow your not going anywhere. Take that honda out with us and climb ravines with rocks and fell timber, see how far they get...just ask all my friends that can go where we go. No disrespect no trolling..just some good ford/chevy talk.

Here Here!!!! I'll be right a long side you with my Foreman 4 X 4. Big mudders and a long tow rope to pull out everything else that can't keep up. Name the swamp and I'll be there. Well that is if the other machines will start in the cold. I've owned my wheeler for six years and have yet had to have someone pull me out. Dependable!!!! When I bought it used I asked the dealer how many miles where on it his answer was who cares it's a Honda!!! He was right!!!! I don't care how cold or how much snow she fires up like it's 80 degrees out and pushes snow like no tomorrow. With the all time four-wheel drive yes turning can be a tad tougher but hell you have a wheeler that can run over trees, make your own trail.

Quote:

Take that honda out with us and climb ravines with rocks and fell timber, see how far they get...just ask all my friends that can go where we go.

I'm pretty confident where ever it is that you go I've already been through it and back! Hehehe shocked.gif (yawn)

Those pictures that ChuckN posted are very telling about what a big difference tires can make. We had two quads of the same size. One Polaris, one Honda. Both were pulling the same loads.

I had IRS, he had a straight axle. I had more ground clearance than he did.

On paper, I should have been the one pulling him around. Yet, I was gettig stuck constantly, and getting high centered. His tires had a tad more float and that was all the difference in the world. My tires were grinding through and getting me deeper.

You also have a wheeler that weights at least 100 lbs. more than the Honda, which along with your skinnier stock tires, makes you cut through the snow like you pointed out.Although the polaris has all 4 tires spinning, when the honda will only have three.Depending on the size of the aftermarket tires on the Honda the ground clearance may be the same or even better on the Honda.

Not sure the point of this. I put some much weight ont he ability of the driver. I've watche da 2wheel drive out wheel a 4wheel drive in lots of different terrain. Sometimes anything you bring will get stuck, other times nothing can seem to go wrong.

This is a Ford/Chevy/Dodge argument. If the design sucked so bad why do they make it? I'm sure its just fine. I don't have a Honda, but the only people criticizing it are the people who DON'T have Hondas.